Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Working for me now as well. Thanks Ronan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just listened to it while I was doing the dishes! Thanks for playing Funzo, Ronan. I'm feeling all Christmassy now!

I love that Christmas FM appreciates how much we all love Christmas here! Now we just have to work on the toy show so that we can all go! (We'd be the best audience ever!)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Now we just have to work on the toy show so that we can all go! (We'd be the best audience ever!)

Replace with small kids with big kids like us I say. Forget audience, give us the toys to demo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

FM loud and clear in Oranmore....although the display says 8Radio Classic Rock

Seven Worlds will Collide

Are there DAB channels this year or have I got the wrong end of the stick altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Replace with small kids with big kids like us I say. Forget audience, give us the toys to demo. :D

I think a toy show with adults roadtesting toys they never got as kids and still lust after and today's current must haves would be GENIUS.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

lazygal wrote: »
    I think a toy show with adults roadtesting toys they never got as kids and still lust after and today's current must haves would be GENIUS.

And Tubs wishing like he wasn't there and taking ques from his ear piece, it should be way more fun that it seems on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

What's the official start time? I'm tuned in since 6.00:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

can't wait to listen driving home :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cork Lass wrote: »
    What's the official start time? I'm tuned in since 6.00:)

Goes live with DJs and jingles from Midday. Although the stream is working now.

• Advertisement

Doing the same trip today as we'll be doing on Christmas Eve so I'll be able to see how long I can listen for. The midlands is usually where it gets dodgy! Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    Goes live with DJs and jingles from Midday. Although the stream is working now.

Thanks loughc. I'm listening to the stream all morning but thought it was going live at 8.00. I'm so excited. :)

Doing the same trip today as we'll be doing on Christmas Eve so I'll be able to see how long I can listen for. The midlands is usually where it gets dodgy! Can't wait.

Making a trip from Dublin to Tipp today the frequencies usually cut out a lot :(

Making a trip from Dublin to Tipp today the frequencies usually cut out a lot :(

Yea it's a pity they couldn't get/afford a few more FM sites. Kilduff would do nicely for Tipp

Tipp has a serious amount of hilariously country radio stations though. :pac: We usually turn the radio off around there. Nothing to listen to really.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Three minutes!

And we are live! Christmas has been turned on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Yay!!!!! Nothing like a bit of Andy Williams to get things going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Oh Gawd Lads, I'm so thrilled I could cry!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

And what a cracker of a song to kick off!!!

Excellent first song and even more excellent second song! I really feel like we're driving home for Christmas even though it's just a regular visit to my family!

• Advertisement

OMG Shakey!!!!!

Is it me or is the bitrate for the online stream rather low? Very "tinny" sounding.....actually the bitrate is the same as the Classic Christmas FM stream which sounds perfect to me. Strange....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

washiskin wrote: »
    Oh Gawd Lads, I'm so thrilled I could cry!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

And what a cracker of a song to kick off!!!

Haha, I actually did cry!!!!

washiskin wrote: »
    OMG Shakey!!!!!

My favouritest Christmas song ever!

The first outing of Gene Autrey this year. I think he wrote Here Comes Santa Claus, another top3 of mine.

We lost it for a good while there but the Cork frequency is working nicely now!

Awww, that Harry Connick jr song is just gorgeous!

Er....dusty in here..... something in my eye.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hurry up work and finish

• Advertisement

Online stream sounds great now! Cheers guys. :)

Advertisement