Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mine just has
    Buy Song
    Share Song
    Cancel

Its an android if that makes any difference.

* got it now, menu then swap stations. yayyyyy

What's the difference between the regular Christmas FM and global Christmas FM?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What's the difference between the regular Christmas FM and global Christmas FM?

No idea. I haven't tried global yet. Will check it out tonight. I imagine it's Christmas songs from the globe. Be strange hearing Christmas songs in other languages.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChristmasFM just posted up n Facebook, what song should they open with on the 28th at 1pm? What song as soon as you hear it means its Christmas?

So same question here, what song is Christmas for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

For me it has to be Fairytale of New York

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Driving Home For Christmas. When I hear that on the way to see my family at Christmas I get goosebumps.

But I think a great first song for Christmas FM is It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Driving Home for Christmas & Stop The Cavalry are two of my favourites. Unfortunately Christmas FM have started playing a more recent version of Stop The Cavalry in the past few years. Not the same.

A great first song would be It's Beginnimg to Look a Lot Like Christmas.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Spoiler alert!!

2016 frequencies (with new additions for the year):

Christmas FM:

Dublin - 105.2
    Cork - 106.7
    Limerick - 105.5
    Galway - 89.5
    South East - 103.8
    Kildare - 88.1
    Wicklow Town - 106.6
    Kilkenny City - 104.3
    Bray Town - 107.3
    Longford (Cairn Hill) - 101.6
    Cavan area - 99.4

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I also think either Fairytale Of New York or It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year are great first songs to open with.
    Especially the latter. The very beginning of that song with all the beats and instruments is very opening appropriate, I think.

marno21 wrote: »
    Spoiler alert!!

2016 frequencies (with new additions for the year):

Christmas FM:

Dublin - 105.2
    Cork - 106.7
    Limerick - 105.5
    Galway - 89.5
    South East - 103.8
    Kildare - 88.1
    Wicklow Town - 106.6
    Kilkenny City - 104.3
    Bray Town - 107.3
    Longford (Cairn Hill) - 101.6
    Cavan area - 99.4

Wow that's fantastic news. Loads more people will be able to tune in this year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A couple of years ago they opened with "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" and I loved that. :)

The official frequencies for 2016 are;

FM Frequencies 2016 - on the air Monday 28th November at 1pm!!:

Cork City 106.7 FM
    Dublin City & County 105.2 FM
    Galway City 89.5 FM
    Kildare 88.1 FM
    Kilkenny 104.3 FM
    Limerick City 105.2 FM
    North Midlands 101.6 FM
    North East 99.4 FM
    South East 103.8 FM
    Wicklow North 106.3 FM
    Wicklow South 106.6 FM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector.Love the whole album,released in 1963,still sounds great,particularly the wonderful Darlene Love.

Less than two hours til this goes live. :D

Just in time for my commute home. It will put in a happy mood after I clipped the wing of my car on a column whilst parking. grrrh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Here we gooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

IT'S CHRISTMASSS!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Kajemo wrote: »
    IT'S OFFICALLY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
    Beginning to look a lot like it alright...:)

Posy wrote: »
    A couple of years ago they opened with "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" and I loved that. :)

And that's what we get this year!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

In the last 10 minutes, my mood has just gone from 'It's fcuking Monday again. I'm so miserable, how will I make it to Friday, what am I doing with my life' to 'Yay, Christmas!!'. I love this station.

mojesius wrote: »
    In the last 10 minutes, my mood has just gone from 'It's fcuking Monday again. I'm so miserable, how will I make it to Friday, what am I doing with my life' to 'Yay, Christmas!!'. I love this station.

That's the magic of ChristmasFM :)

There's just one or two songs I don't like and one of them is that vile version of Merry Christmas Everybody by Intua Nua.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was super anti-social today. I planned my lunch so that I could listen to Christmas FM as it launched, but it didn't seem right that I was sitting at the table with my headphones on. Delighted that I heard the start of it though. It was magical.

Then I headed downstairs and there was a Christmas tree in the lobby. The smell was just beautiful.

My only issue is that I haven't managed to change my husband's presets in his car yet. I like to give him a Christmassy surprise when he heads off to work in the morning!

I treid to listen the way home but I was raging over work and my car dent so I will hold off till commuting today. I get too excited sometimes and ill get a headache like a kid.

I keep on checking my flight app, 15 days to go.

Ah lads waking up and getting ready to ChristmasFM is just bliss. Great way to start the day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah lads waking up and getting ready to ChristmasFM is just bliss. Great way to start the day.

Same!

Did I hear correctly that ChristmasFM is finishing on the 27th this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think they get a 30 day licence, so it would add up. :)

Advertisement