Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

I was listening on their app now playing It's the most wonderful time of the year on a loop. I wonder what time the fm signal switches off?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I was listening on their app now playing It's the most wonderful time of the year on a loop. I wonder what time the fm signal switches off?

FM signal switched off at 7pm :(

Loughc wrote: »
    FM signal switched off at 7pm :(

RIP Christmas fm until next Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats to ChristmasFM who raised €214,000 for their chosen charity this year Sightsavers.

Can’t wait To see who’s this years charity partner will be. Only a little over 10 months until they are back on the air. Sure it’ll fly by!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brilliant work by the guys as always!

€146,000 less than last year's total though.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Brilliant work by the guys as always!

€146,000 less than last year's total though.

I think a lot of that is the charity choice tbh. It’s not the first one you’d think of to donate to and people tend to give to Cancer research, homeless charity’s and RSPCA and childline first and similar charities.

Well done to all at Christmas fm and of course to all who donated. As the saying goes every little helps.

Absolutely. Those that donate their time over the Christmas period every year are a fantastic bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What I loved this year was turning on Christmas FM after it shut down on FM and hearing a presenter who had done the Christmas FM training in 2017. It seemed to be a live broadcast because she was giving out the text number.

What I loved this year was turning on Christmas FM after it shut down on FM and hearing a presenter who had done the Christmas FM training in 2017. It seemed to be a live broadcast because she was giving out the text number.

They kept going with presenters online right up to New Years Eve. It’s a great way to keep donations ticking in and giving novice DJs experience.

• Advertisement

I didn't know that they did that! :o

I didn't know that they did that! :o

This was the first year they did it. They kept advertising the stream was going until New Year’s Eve I was like it they stream online all year round. So I tuned in and realised they meant they were keeping the presenters going until New Years.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

ng3t61.jpg

Brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Just saw that on fb and came on here to post about it......will be like a white christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Just logged in to let you all know. Beat me too it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am SO EXCITED. I’ve been trying to compile a playlist they could play. Like Baby It’s Cold Outside. Frosty the Snowman. Suzie Snowflake. Etc etc. Squeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just tuned in to it now :D

Have it on here now while I'm working from home as the office is closed.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well hello everyone! Christmas 2018 appears to have come early for one day only!! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Christmas FM 2018:

Dublin City and County: 105.2
    Cork City and part county: 106.7
    Limerick City: 105.5
    Kilkenny City: 104.3
    Wicklow Town: 106.6
    South East: 103.8
    Galway City: 87.7
    Kildare: 88.1
    Bray: 99.5
    North Midlands: 101.6
    North East: 99.4
    Tralee/Killarney: 105.0
    Clare: 105.2
    NE Donegal: 105.7

Heroditas wrote: »
    Well hello everyone! Christmas 2018 appears to have come early for one day only!! :D
    Aaaah, memories. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Spook80

I’ve been whistling Xmas songs all summer 😃

Aaaah, memories. :)

That was the best surprise! On a snow day as well.

Ah I remember it well......working from home listening to Christmas tunes....even if the snow really only arrived here that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Any dates yet on when CFM starts up again this year? (Apologies if its already been advised) And does it usually start at midday or 1pm? Vaguely remember waiting to tune in last year and finding our IT had blocked streaming sites so had to listen through my phone instead and missed the start.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Any dates yet on when CFM starts up again this year? (Apologies if its already been advised) And does it usually start at midday or 1pm? Vaguely remember waiting to tune in last year and finding our IT had blocked streaming sites so had to listen through my phone instead and missed the start.

Nothing yet, I imagine it'll be Wednesday the 28th of November at Midday.

I have Tunein App and it's great for all internet radio stations and with 3 unlimited data I'm ChristmasFM ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I still remember the first year I knew about the station. I was driving from a remote site out in the desert 4 hours to the city with another Irish lad. We had it playing through a phone. We got a request played and we went mental. It was surreal being in the middle of a desert roasting hot bopping away like we were at home. It was a year I wasnt getting home for christmas so it was extra special.

• Advertisement

Christmas FM's Charity Partner this year is Temple Street Children's Hospital.

An absolutely FANTASTIC cause. Must make sure I text in loads this year.

I'm on 3 phone plan €20 a month all you can eat data, as I use my phone more for internet browsing than calls and texts my €20 rarely expires and it builds up. I'm going to absolutely make sure all this extra credit goes to Christmas FM this year, no loss to me as I've already spent that €20.

Advertisement