Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 80 Verified rep ChristmasFM: Ronan

Loughc wrote: »
    The Wonderful Niamh has arranged a AMA with our very own boards member/ChristmasFM Founder Ronan.

Here it is

This should be a great one! :)

I'm not a founder, just an elf. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not a founder, just an elf. :)

I always thought you were a co-founder, see I learned something new about ChristmasFM already! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo just turn it on and it was playing!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm going home to make sure my radio is tuned! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas FM Eve everyone :D

• Advertisement

It's Christmas FM Day! :D

Just 12 hours to go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

is the web feed dead at the moment; or just my phone acting up?

Scrap that.
    Working now on 3G, and has a live presenter and all. :D
    Seems to be an issue with it over my office wifi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

2hrs 12mins to go!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Listening to Sleighride on Christmas fm: all is now happiness and content! Roll on the festivities!

Tra la la la lalala lovely weather for a sleighride. (maybe not)

Literally getting giddy now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Last year I had to go out to get lunch when it launched and the app wouldn’t work. This year I’m taking no chances. I have my salad at the ready and I’ll listen on my laptop instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

AHHHHHH SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas was the first song.

Perfect! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Yaaaay! Starting with the classic!!

I'm a bit emotional now! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Yay!!!!! It's started!!!!!!!!

I also just realised that I was posting on the AMA thread instead of this one :o

Posy wrote: »
    I'm a bit emotional now! :o

It really feels like Christmas now... Fairytale of New York blaring out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

105.0 in Kerry currently off air, so those of us in the south west missed the launch. The weather being a grinch this year.

I'm drinking a mug of tea and listening to Christmas FM. I promised myself when I finished this tea I'd turn it off and get back to studying...

I'm taking the teeniest tiniest sips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Just downloaded the App, very excited! Then tuned in to hear bloody Mariah! (Only Christmas song I HATE). On the upside, once it's over I won't have to listen to it again for another few hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Missed the start, as I suspected, but back in the office now so will have this on the background for the afternoon.... yay!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

First year I downloaded the Ap. Its just brilliant, and reception is great. Usually cant get it at home unless on Laptop, and you could.nt
    be carrying that around..... I had been using Spotify since Mid October, so just thrilled to have this with me in my pocket. And such a
    great cause.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not a sausage on FM in my neck of the woods, will listen in Galway at the w/e though

Seven Worlds will Collide

Could you get the Ap on your phone CrowdedHouse...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I could but I just don't find it convenient to listen on a phone.

Seven Worlds will Collide

You dont need ear buds to get reception, that is what really delighted me. It just would.nt be practical for me to use earbuds and have
    phone in pocket. I was just thrilled when I downloaded it and then opened it, and hey presto.....from the magic airwaves Queen was
    belting out Thank God its Christmas.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We did the Christmas Cheer this morning in the car with the kids on the way to creche. They thought it was mental :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Turned on my kitchen radio yesterday at 1pm planning to tune in Christmas FM. But the minute I turned the radio on, I heard Christmas music. Turns out I have not used the radio in my kitchen since last Christmas and Christmas FM was tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

Thanks for the tip about the App - I find it hard to get it tuned in properly on the radio so I'm now in heaven listening in....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Kdylass wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip about the App - I find it hard to get it tuned in properly on the radio so I'm now in heaven listening in....

I'm listening to Christmas fm via the app on my Samsung J3 phone as it's not available on fm in my area but every ten minutes or so the app keeps cutting out. I don't know if this is due to Wi Fi black spots or maybe a technical glich on the app. Has anybody else experienced any issues regarding the app?

Advertisement