Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I mean, it IS beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
    It's certainly factually accurate! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tests on air now on 106.7 in the real capital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Updated the app this morning so all ready to go...........come on Thursday!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

marno21 wrote: »
    Tests on air now on 106.7 in the real capital :)

Cannot get it, what part of Dungarvin are you in?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cannot get it, what part of Dungarvin are you in?

Dungarvin lol :P

Yeah I'm not sure what real capital he was talking about, it's not Tipperary anyway as he never said anything about it being onair testing in the home of hurling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They're going to throw a curve ball this year and NOT start with "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
    Or maybe they'll double bluff us.

Or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Fingers crossed for Christmas shoes just to see this thread blow up.

Under 30 hours to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

TRS30 wrote: »
    Under 30 hours to go :)

That all.....

The daughter has been asking me to check is it on since over a month ago....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Christmas shoes just to see this thread blow up.

giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpOjkiEjzJ1ZaJG/giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Guys! We just had some ChristmasFM carol singers in the office to launch ChristmasFM for tomorrow - I'm going to post the video for you as soon as I get it uploaded. I hope you like your traditional Christmas Carols :)

I hope you like your traditional Christmas Carols :)

LOVE THEM! :D

Yippee. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Is that why Xmas FM just has songs on with no words, just the music? On 105.2fm in Dublin

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Here we go :D
    They were really very good! We're all feeling a bit more Christmassy now.

Oh wow, they're brilliant!

Thanks for sharing Niamh! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

youandme13 wrote: »
    Is that why Xmas FM just has songs on with no words, just the music? On 105.2fm in Dublin

It’s just on air tests at the minute. Getting ready for the full launch tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Woohoo - I've just realised I can get it online at work. They used to have all radio stations blocked - and my data signal is crap - so hope they don't block them again before Christmas!!

I'm so happy :D:D:D .....I'll have to sing quietly to myself here ;);)

Thanks for that, Niamh! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just copped I'll likely be in the car on my way back to Dublin after a site inspection so should get the launch live.... result. All radio stations are blocked through the internet in work so I have to use the wifi through my phone instead which isnt great TBH as I'm on it most of the time anyway. This way though I 'should' hear it in all its launchfullness* glory

* not a real word, but you get the jist!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Stupid question time!

Assume there is no difference between listen on the app to the website??

TRS30 wrote: »
    Stupid question time!

Assume there is no difference between listen on the app to the website??

Nope no difference :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope no difference :)

Thanks boss. Working from home tomorrow so will on the app on phone or ipad, no earphone for full sing alone glory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

I've just downloaded the app and there is Christmas music on it - didn't think it was starting until tomorrow?

Kdylass wrote: »
    I've just downloaded the app and there is Christmas music on it - didn't think it was starting until tomorrow?

The App has Christmas music all year long, the live DJs start back tomorrow at 1pm.

Less then 5 hours to Christmas Shoes haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Xmas FM was on quite a few frequency this morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ben_Serbutt-Its-today-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I really don't like christmas shoes.... how about I wish it could be christmas everyday... thats opening of Noddy Holder screaming ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!!! would be perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A caller on Today FM just mentioned that Christmas FM is back today and Dermot and Dave were not happy. :D They're going to have to start playing non-stop Christmas music on Today FM if they want me to stick around.

Advertisement