Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

SarahLil wrote: »
    Just seen on Christmas fm Instagram they are working with the charity Alone this year
    I will probably be crying non stop listening to the stories

I will be the same, I do be in tears every year :o Christmas FM were spot on choosing Alone this year, they do amazing work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I will be the same, I do be in tears every year :o Christmas FM were spot on choosing Alone this year, they do amazing work.

It's definitely a good choice for the year that's in it. There are a lot of people struggling mentally with the effects of the pandemic, such as social distancing and lack of social contact, particularly those literally living alone and those who were already vulnerable mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Agree, don’t think they could have picked a better charity for this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In recent years, ALONE has offered an option to send a Christmas card to a specific named (to you when applying to do it) person they're working with - it'd be nice if that's done again this year but it could easily be oversubscribed if promoted on-air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I just seen this news now!! Its a predicament as can I now put up the tree??? Its not on the radio though.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    I just seen this news now!! Its a predicament as can I now put up the tree??? Its not on the radio though.

VAR says you're good to go :)

Sadly the OH does not agree. I am trying to get the weekend of the 20th Nov.

Probably best to keep her onside and then she mightn't mind the extra decorations you get before then :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My OH gave me the green light to put the tree up early.m as a neighbour put theirs up last year. But I’ve already booked off the day I was going to do it. And I kinda like my tradition of the last Friday in November.

I’ve ordered a few things from homestore and more over a week ago now and they’re due to arrive Tuesday. I might put them straight up rather than putting them to the attic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just turned on trace Christmas and geraldine mcqueen once upon a Christmas time was on..... 'over and over and over again'.... gear! Never hear enough of that song each Christmas.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

God that's up there with Christmas shoes for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »
    Just turned on trace Christmas and geraldine mcqueen once upon a Christmas time was on..... 'over and over and over again'.... gear! Never hear enough of that song each Christmas.

It makes me smile that song, a good one for Christmas traffic you cant help and smile at the silliness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

God that's up there with Christmas shoes for me.

Christmas shoes like nails going down a blackboard

I am sorely tempted to listen to Christmas fm on the sly on the way home form work today.

That over and over song reminds me the wagoon wheel song, the OH and he pals love it. Can't stand it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love that song. It’s been removed on Apple Music and Spotify :(

I think it got cancelled as Peter Kay was in drag.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, stooop!

Loughc wrote: »
    I love that song. It’s been removed on Apple Music and Spotify :(

I think it got cancelled as Peter Kay was in drag.

Are you serious?

the world is beyond f**ked up these days. :confused:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Are you serious?

the world is beyond f**ked up these days. :confused:

I’m not 100% sure. There’s no official reason why it’s removed but that’s the rumour yeah.

I’m not 100% sure. There’s no official reason why it’s removed but that’s the rumour yeah.

I despair, I really do. :(

Just download it from youtube & convert to MP3, job done!

If it was pulled for controversial reasons it could possibly be over the 'jokes' he made in his show Car Share at the expense of a trans gender person.
    Peter Kay did take a step back from the spotlight for a while, so the song could have been taken down for any reason.
    It's not one of my favourites, but I don't mind when Christmas FM play it :)

• Advertisement

If it was pulled for controversial reasons it could possibly be over the 'jokes' he made in his show Car Share at the expense of a trans gender person.
    Peter Kay did take a step back from the spotlight for a while, so the song could have been taken down for any reason.
    It's not one of my favourites, but I don't mind when Christmas FM play it :)

Yes the article I read linked it to his car share show.

They claimed he’s transphobic and his song Geraldine McQueen is a dig at trans people.

I felt the opposite I felt he was breaking down taboo by playing the character and making it the norm.

Now if anyone wants to get Mrs Browns Boys cancelled I’m all for that.

Yes the article I read linked it to his car share show.

They claimed he’s transphobic and his song Geraldine McQueen is a dig at trans people.

I felt the opposite I felt he was breaking down taboo by playing the character and making it the norm.

Now if anyone wants to get Mrs Browns Boys cancelled I’m all for that.

Unless I missed something, the character Geraldine McQueen was harmless? Hopefully now that some time has passed, and people have other things to be outraged over, they'll put the song back up :)

I don't get Mrs Brown's Boys :o is it just the Christmas specials they do now? Or is there still a show going?

Don't get me started on 'PC culture' :mad:

Mrs Brown's boys always has and always will be utter garbage. I really fail to understand its appeal to so many.

Mrs Brown's boys always has and always will be utter garbage. I really fail to understand its appeal to so many.

Same I really really don’t like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

I despair, I really do. :(

Just download it from youtube & convert to MP3, job done!

Is on YouTube music, formerly google play music

Could not agree more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like it :P

Get out! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Couldn’t agree more. My mum who is a very smart woman and very straight laced and proper loves it, and i find it so strange that she likes it!

Advertisement