Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods admits affair!

• 02-12-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

Transcript of Tiger Woods' statement

By The Associated Press (AP) – 2 hours ago
    This is a transcript of the statement released Wednesday by golfer Tiger Woods on his Web site. It ran with the headline "Tiger comments on current events."
    ___
    I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Makes a change to his typical robotic persona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Transcript of Tiger Woods' statement

By The Associated Press (AP) – 2 hours ago
    This is a transcript of the statement released Wednesday by golfer Tiger Woods on his Web site. It ran with the headline "Tiger comments on current events."
    ___
    I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

Done ..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055753429

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

How did it go again,a man is only as faithfull as his options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Imagine the offers that fella gets on a daily basis. Must be so hard (pardon the pun) to keep in in his aul knickers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Just had an image of Cheryl Cole when her husband's affair went public. She was devastated, stopped eating and became nearly skeletal.

Elin Nordgregen is what......like 10 times better looking than her husband?

If it happens to best looking women in the world what chance has anyone got?

Poor Elin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Next, Roger Federer admits stealing candy from babies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Famous Athlete Cheats on His Wife.

In other breaking news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the sky is blue and water is wet.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Personally im disgusted.

Hes the biggest sports personality of this decade, hes married to a fine piece of ass... and he cheats on her with that munt?!

Ive seen pics of her in the paper.. if you are tiger woods her fanny would want to be gold plated before you'd enter it.. she however looks more like your average bint. Kinda like that time Beckham rode that one with the huge nose, Nice looking yes. Tiger woods superstar fcukable? Hell no

For Shame on you tiger,for shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

it's the woman fault

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

So if his wife didn't smash up his face with a golf club, should the cadillac people not be doing a recall of this model car seeing as it somehow managed to knock him unconscious and smash up his face even thou he wasn't go fast enough to set off the airbag ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

it's the woman fault

so true,maybe she wasnt putting out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If it happens to best looking women in the world what chance has anyone got?

Looks aren't everything.
    She could be boring as fuck or stink out the bathroom in the morning....... who's to know.

mikom wrote: »
    Looks aren't everything.
    She could be boring as fuck or stink out the bathroom in the morning....... who's to know.

Maybe she's violent....

Maybe she's violent....

Yes I heard she got the eye of the Tiger once or twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Maybe she's violent....
    If one believed the rumours, thats where his scars came from.
    Not from the car.
    Apparently it would have been easy to tell if she scrabbled him if he went publicly showed his face.

Biggins wrote: »
    If one believed the rumours, thats where his scars came from.
    Not from the car.
    Apparently it would have been easy to tell if she scrabbled him if he went publicly showed his face.

Yes I imagine the lines on the golf-club face might leave a tell tale mark.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Just after hearing the voice message Tiger left on his mistress' phone. She was some bitch to release that. She also claims to have sexually explicit text messages from Woods. Christ, I'm not condoning his behaviour, but if you're going to have an affair at least don't have one with someone who's a total cúnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Just after hearing the voice message Tiger left on his mistress' phone. She was some bitch to release that. She also claims to have sexually explicit text messages from Woods. Christ, I'm not condoning his behaviour, but if you're going to have an affair at least don't have one with someone that's a total cúnt.
    From a nobody to a somebody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

drdeadlift wrote: »
    so true,maybe she wasnt putting out
    This. She could be a total bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Next, Roger Federer admits stealing candy from babies
    Theiry Henry admits to being a cheat.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the end of his career at the top level (commerically speaking), trust me. So much stuff will come out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Look im not saying what he did was right far from it he should have known better if the stories we hear and read are true.

But at end of day is there not more things in the world to be concerned about then Tigers personal life? I mean its the main story on some news channels when there far more serious issues and crimes going on every minute of the day.

It just shows sometimes how people loose touch with life and what goes on everyday. He wont be last superstar to have an affair. Move on.

Let him and his wife have time for themselves. Its amazing how some theses stories get out of hand.

Yes I imagine the lines on the golf-club face might leave a tell tale mark.....

I wonder what her handicap is or least favourite club?
    O' wait ...it must be the Wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

mike65 wrote: »
    Its the end of his career at the top level (commerically speaking), trust me. So much stuff will come out of this.
    Is it really?

His wife found out he cheated, she was violent, he admitted he cheated on her, the media will blow it out of proportion until the next headliner.

It doesn't affect his career, he'd still play golf, he'd win tournaments.. The wife won't divorce him, life continues...

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Is it really?

His wife found out he cheated, she was violent, he admitted he cheated on her, the media will blow it out of proportion until the next headliner.

It doesn't affect his career, he'd still play golf, he'd win tournaments.. The wife won't divorce him, life continues...

Yep, a bit of disappearance for a while, a bit of professional PR and 6 months from now, back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mike65 wrote: »
    Doubt it. The guy is the most marketable man in the world of sport. This will be forgotten about in six months, he'll win another couple of majors thus overtaken Jack Nicklaus' long time record and once again he'll be a hero.

It actually might even do his image some good as the scandal has well and truly blown his reputation for being a clean cut robot. Look at Clinton, didn't do his popularity any damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I reckon the words "Irreconcilable Differences" followed by "Multi million dollar" and "Alimony" will be somewhere down the line TBH

The car Tiger crashed is up for sale on Ebay already............ He usually buys a new car everytime he gets his hole in one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

the catholic Church has a lot to answer for

Advertisement