Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods admits affair!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Lets just clear up what actually happened in the whole car crash thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

prinz wrote: »
    Wrong.

thats ok by me, I'm happy to agree to disagree with you.

but, you're not a REAL man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Correct, I mean you .. not him :)

Rick Stein is my hero. I have been cooking for myself (and others too who'll eat it;)) since I was 14.

Yeah Rick Stein cheated for years on his wife of 30 odd yrs with a younger woman before she found out, the he divorced her and moved in with the younger woman ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just saying :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

MOH wrote: »
    Lets just clear up what actually happened in the whole car crash thing.

Oh, that is looooovely. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

thermo66 wrote: »
    No she shouldn't and i never said she was free of blame. People like her make me sick, she cheated with David Boreanz too.

We agree on that, so.
    And WTF is the thing with a distinction between a woman and temptation??? The temptation was a woman , who was interested in Tiger as he was with her... who knows who made the first move. It doesn't matter!!!

It doesn't in the sense that they're both to blame, but like I said it's around 50/50 or 60/40.

There's another thread where a girl is objecting to being "ogled"; and my point was that a woman existing doesn't mean that she's "temptation".....something that she did - or maybe didn't do, like saying "no" to a married guy - had to make her transition from just being "a woman" to being a "temptation".
    If my husband cheated on me are you saying i should be more angry at the piece of skirt he played around with or the person who broke our wedding vows, lied and deceived continuously and who ultimately made a hugely negative impact on my children's family life

Like I said, 60/40; 60 him; 40 her. The vows / relationship make up the 20, but the remainder is 40/40.
    I honestly don't get the idea that because someone is hot and attractive and expressing an interest in you then that gives you license to be with them despite being married :confused::confused::confused: If we all took that stance, there'd be no point being in a monogomous relationship at all!!!!

Well, I never said anything even remotely along those lines.

All I said was that while, yes, he shouldn't have; neither should she, because she knew he was married.

So - again I'll say it - it was 60% his fault and 40% hers. And if she actively chased him, then it's 50/50; she should have known not to.

But no, it doesn't make it right.

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    So - again I'll say it - it was 60% his fault and 40% hers. And if she actively chased him, then it's 50/50; she should have known not to.

NONE of this is about percentages FFS - it's about Money, Sex and Power.

Money - what that skank will now gleen from newspapers,mags and other exposure.

Sex - lots of durty sex I'd say.

Power - Power over Tiger and his little empire.

.....based on what definitive definition ? The pathetic losers who barely know how to turn on a microwave ? ;)

If "REAL" means "Reheating Even Addles Losers", then you're right!

We agree on that, so.

It doesn't in the sense that they're both to blame, but like I said it's around 50/50 or 60/40.

There's another thread where a girl is objecting to being "ogled"; and my point was that a woman existing doesn't mean that she's "temptation".....something that she did - or maybe didn't do, like saying "no" to a married guy - had to make her transition from just being "a woman" to being a "temptation".

Like I said, 60/40; 60 him; 40 her. The vows / relationship make up the 20, but the remainder is 40/40.

Well, I never said anything even remotely along those lines.

All I said was that while, yes, he shouldn't have; neither should she, because she knew he was married.

But no, it doesn't make it right.

Exactly niceirishfella, percentages are ridiculous to use.

Tiger is to blame for his marriage going belly up, full stop!! If she was throwing herself at him, he should have had self control and said No! I don't like what she did but he is responsible for his marriage not anyone else. Thats like an addict blaming drugs, its not the drugs fault the addict decided to take it! There are always options and you have to be responsible for your own actions... and its Tiger's fault his marriage is fvcked!

Tiger is to blame for his marriage going belly up, full stop!! If she was throwing herself at him, he should have had self control and said No! I don't like what she did but he is responsible for his marriage not anyone else. Thats like an addict blaming drugs, its not the drugs fault the addict decided to take it! There are always options and you have to be responsible for your own actions... and its Tiger's fault his marriage is fvcked!

Interesting that you used the drugs analogy, and completely avoided the one that I proposed earlier that people shouldn't even try to take what isn't theirs! ;):D
    If she was throwing herself at him, he should have had self control and said No!

You see no requirement for self-control on her part, then ? :rolleyes:

It's BOTH of their faults that his marriage is fvcked; more Tiger's than hers, but definitely BOTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

In my book a "real" man is a man who is able to fend for himself in every way including being able to cook yourself up a nice meal.

• Advertisement

Interesting that you used the drugs analogy, and completely avoided the one that I proposed earlier that people shouldn't take what isn't theirs! ;):D

You see no requirement for self-control on her part, then ? :rolleyes:

It's BOTH of their faults that his marriage is fvcked; more Tiger's than hers, but definitely BOTH.

She didn't 'take' or 'steal' anything, he offered it to her, just like she offered it to him. Point is, he had the wife and kids not her! Doesn't make what she did appropriate but when you look at her track record she's not exactly a woman with a healthy regard for the sisterhood is she?

Its not just Tiger Wood's im talking about either, ANYONE who cheats on a partner is at fault for ruining the relationship, not whoever they cheated with. There's no point fobbing responsibility off on someone else no matter how much they were flaunting themselves at you. If you can't see that then there's no way we'll come to any agreememnt just go round and round in circles frankly...

Oh wait...maybe they are deeply in love and he'll end up marrying he, what was meant to be and all that:D:D:D:D

She didn't 'take' or 'steal' anything, he offered it to her, just like she offered it to him. Point is, he had the wife and kids not her!

And she knew that he had, so she should have looked elsewhere for her fun!

How do you know he "offered it to her" ? Maybe she chased him ? If so, he still shouldn't have - no argument there - but she cannot be absolved of blame. You don't take what's not yours.

If - say - someone else's dog followed you home, would you still acknowledge that it wasn't yours, or would you keep it simply because it had gone willingly ? If you knew whose it was, would you tell it to go home ?
    Doesn't make what she did appropriate but when you look at her track record she's not exactly a woman with a healthy regard for the sisterhood is she?

My point exactly. So there is blame on her doorstep.
    Its not just Tiger Wood's im talking about either, ANYONE who cheats on a partner is at fault for ruining the relationship, not whoever they cheated with.

I disagree. There's blame on both sides! She took something that wasn't hers to take.
    There's no point fobbing responsibility off on someone else no matter how much they were flaunting themselves at you. If you can't see that then there's no way we'll come to any agreememnt just go round and round in circles frankly...

It's not "fobbing off" or laying all the blame on her; it's attributing blame where it's appropriate; mainly on him (because he made the promises) but also on her, because she either actively chased him or went along with it, and her "track record" that you mentioned would imply that she wasn't exactly passive in this scenario.

And she knew that he had, so she should have looked elsewhere for her fun!

How do you know he "offered it to her" ? Maybe she chased him ? If so, he still shouldn't have - no argument there - but she cannot be absolved of blame. You don't take what's not yours.

If - say - someone else's dog followed you home, would you still acknowledge that it wasn't yours, or would you keep it simply because it had gone willingly ? If you knew whose it was, would you tell it to go home ?

My point exactly. So there is blame on her doorstep.

I disagree. There's blame on both sides! She took something that wasn't hers to take.

It's not "fobbing off" or laying all the blame on her; it's attributing blame where it's appropriate; mainly on him (because he made the promises) but also on her, because she either actively chased him or went along with it, and her "track record" that you mentioned would imply that she wasn't exactly passive in this scenario.

Nope! She was wrong but he's responsible for HIS marriage not her! End of!!!

In my book a "real" man is a man who is able to fend for himself in every way including being able to cook yourself up a nice meal.

it does'nt get more erronious than this.:rolleyes:

Nope! She was wrong but he's responsible for HIS marriage not her! End of!!!

Saying "End of!!!" doesn't make you right!! :rolleyes:

He's responsible for HIS actions, and their consequences.

She's responsible for HER actions, and their consequences.

Like I said, 60/40.

Actually, I'm going to try this:

Like I said, 60/40. End of!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Go on then expand, give us your idea of a real man.

Go on then expand, give us your idea of a real man.

not yours:p

Saying "End of!!!" doesn't make you right!! :rolleyes:

He's responsible for HIS actions, and their consequences.

She's responsible for HER actions, and their consequences.

Like I said, 60/40.

Actually, I'm going to try this:

Like I said, 60/40. End of!!!

I said END OF first so i closed the argument and won ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Er, yes it does :
    no, real men don't cook.

I said END OF first so i closed the argument and won ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What are you, two ??? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

BTW, reaching the "end of" doesn't mean anyone in particular wins.......it just means full time has been called. Mind you, that's a sporting term, and I doubt a mere woman would understand! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Biggins wrote: »
    If one believed the rumours, thats where his scars came from.
    Not from the car.
    Apparently it would have been easy to tell if she scrabbled him if he went publicly showed his face.

What score is Tiger Woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Shakes head at the shocking responses of AH.

Page after page of and not a single reference to the 'In The Hole' shout we have become accoustomed to hearing whenever his Tigerness plays. Was it to obvious, to easy or have standards of AH just risen out of hte gutter?

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright,
    In the penthouse suite of some exclusive resort,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame you in the eyes of thy fearful wife?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Er, yes it does :

What are you, two ??? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

BTW, reaching the "end of" doesn't mean anyone in particular wins.......it just means full time has been called. Mind you, that's a sporting term, and I doubt a mere woman would understand! ;):D

Or Thierri Henri (sp) :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Can anyone point me towards where he has admitted having an affair. I can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Rule : Thou shalt not commit adultery

It takes two to commit it. If he was an unknown and she didn't know he was married, then fair enough, but the fault is at most 60/40.

I love the double-standards in this regard; if someone cheats, the single partner gets absolved of guilt because the married party should have said feck off; ok, that's true, but if you steal something that's not yours, that you know belongs to something else, then you don't have that defence.

The mobile phone that a scumbag lifted from a shop didn't either go along with it OR object!!! So in that scenario the fault lies 100% with the person stealing, because they wanted something that they knew they weren't entitled to that belonged to someone else.

And btw (considering some of the tone of your posts, this has to be asked) what's the distinction between "a woman" being in front of him and "temptation" being in front of him ?

Are you suggesting that she actively tempted him ? While knowing he was married ? That'd put a fair bit of blame back on her.

Yes, he shouldn't have done it. No argument there. But she shouldn't have tempted him or followed through, either.

Bull. Don't agree with this. The fault is with the married person not the single one. The single person is not stealing anything since the married one is not property of their spouse. They chose to cheat - its their business

But I do have to say this
    a ) he has not actually admitted to cheating
    b ) if she beat him with a golf club, do you honestly belief its first incidence of physical violence from her? I wouldn't assume so. So I'd say if he did cheat, it was a symptom of some bigger problem in their marriage, like her being an abuser.

Bull. Don't agree with this. The fault is with the married person not the single one. The single person is not stealing anything since the married one is not property of their spouse. They chose to cheat - its their business

But I do have to say this
    a ) he has not actually admitted to cheating
    b ) if she beat him with a golf club, do you honestly belief its first incidence of physical violence from her? I wouldn't assume so. So I'd say if he did cheat, it was a symptom of some bigger problem in their marriage, like her being an abuser.

Thank you for agreeing with me about the married person being responsible. But i have to say that IF Elin did go apesh!t with the golf club it doesn't mean she's a regular abuser ... at all! There are not many things that could anger you as much as finding your husband cheating so maybe she just lost it at that point. Not saying I think she was right to lose it at all but it doesn't mean she's a husband beater all the time..

What do ppl think happened? That they were arguing, she smacked him, he drove off and that she ran after the car with a golf club? I would too! I'd smash it to bits :D

The fault is mainly with the married person not the single one.

FYP.

The single one knows the married one is off-limits, and should have more respect for themselves and the partner of the married one.

I've said this repeatedly; it's NOT a case of absolving the cheater from blame, but it does take two to tango.

If the third party didn't know, then the married person is 100% to blame, but if they did know, then at least part of the blame lies squarely on their doorstep as a facilitator.

If a kid drinks alcohol, and asks you to buy them one, who's wrong ? The kid for wanting one (yes) but surely you're wrong to facilitate them, too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thank you for agreeing with me about the married person being responsible. But i have to say that IF Elin did go apesh!t with the golf club it doesn't mean she's a regular abuser ... at all! There are not many things that could anger you as much as finding your husband cheating so maybe she just lost it at that point. Not saying I think she was right to lose it at all but it doesn't mean she's a husband beater all the time..

What do ppl think happened? That they were arguing, she smacked him, he drove off and that she ran after the car with a golf club? I would too! I'd smash it to bits :D

No I think she hit him in the face with the golf club. He was in and out of consciousness after all. I also don't think someone woudl react so violently if they were not prone to violence anyhow. I've been cheated on and worse and I've never felt an urge to hit anyone over it. Also I think the fact that he was clearly running away from her speaks volumes too. He's a big fit guy, he could easily overpower her. I think that fact that he didn't and tried to run away is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It don't look so rosey on the flipside.........
    That they were arguing, he smacked her, she drove off and that he ran after the car with a golf club? I would too! I'd smash it to bits

If a kid drinks alcohol, and asks you to buy them one, who's wrong ? The kid for wanting one (yes) but surely you're wrong to facilitate them, too ?

quote.gif

WTF??? I don't even get how that relates to a someone being responsible for destroying their marriage. You can use all the analogies you want, fact is both were fvcks for gettin involved with eachother but its Tiger's fault his marriage is up sh!t creek. HE could have saved it by being faithful. If she had said no he would have found someone else (apparently he did anyway ... several.. on the go at the same time!! )

I do sort of feel bad that an extra marital affair is now on the news though. Thats the price of being famous and seemingly perfect!! He's the one that encouraged that reputation though so its even more unfathomable that he'd do all in his power to destroy it :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can't be arsed reading through this thread so here's some puntastic headlines:

Tiger's been putting from the rough again!
    Tiger's not out of the woods yet!
    Tiger's not happy with a hole in one!
    Some of Tiger's girls are below par!
    Tiger's been working on his FOREplay!

or my favourite:

Professional golfer Tiger Woods has been having extramartial sexual relations with women and is now embarrassed about it.

Advertisement