Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what makes a person very popular normal person

• 02-12-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

what makes some one popular male is it cute looks.charm.brains,care free personality.yet this same guy can be rotten to some else
    well this guy tons of friends on face book

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

General answers only! We can't comment on individual people or make internet diagnoses....Just in case....otherwise the thread gets locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

ladylouise wrote: »
    what makes some one popular male is it cute looks.charm.brains,care free personality.yet this same guy can be rotten to some else
    well this guy tons of friends on face book

to be popular ussually means to be like everyone else and show those strong features that people can see or wish in themselves i think

possibly the answer is yes to most of your post lol as you seemed to have answered the first part.

if your asking why some people find a person attractive personality wise and others dont i would think its to do with preference and life experience.

alot of guys knowingly or unknowingly might in some ways find a girl that reminds them of there mother attractive or end up with them even if they are not to them.same goes for girls sometimes picking guys that remind them of there father.

so there is no one answer to that question.it all depends on the person and what they have experienced over there life i would think.

you can generalize a bit but that you have done with the first part of your post and its possible the ones that find this person unnatractive dispite these nice things have a much different life in the past and seek different things in people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

Torakx wrote: »
    to be popular ussually means to be like everyone else and show those strong features that people can see or wish in themselves i think

possibly the answer is yes to most of your post lol as you seemed to have answered the first part.

if your asking why some people find a person attractive personality wise and others dont i would think its to do with preference and life experience.

alot of guys knowingly or unknowingly might in some ways find a girl that reminds them of there mother attractive or end up with them even if they are not to them.same goes for girls sometimes picking guys that remind them of there father.

so there is no one answer to that question.it all depends on the person and what they have experienced over there life i would think.

you can generalize a bit but that you have done with the first part of your post and its possible the ones that find this person unnatractive dispite these nice things have a much different life in the past and seek different things in people.
    not entirely true.
    so why does every girl i know fancy him and he dislikes me .
    i am nice person not good looking,slim,tall i am generous person,nice so why am i not popular.or is it because he is bloke.

3 yaers ago this same guy had a drunk French kissing with girl in a nightclub.who is heavy then me and older then me .that does n,t make sence just recent she has been added to his face book list while i have been rejected .
    he drunk boasting about his girlfriends to me and treated me like door mat.
    so why again he so popular everybody and i am not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I think being funny, clever, good-looking, affluent, etc, all help in the popularity stakes as does being empathetic and having a bit of common sense.

There are societal and regional variations in what makes someone popular as well as age and demographics - think of the "nerdy" kids in school that go on to university, loads of friends and great jobs Vs the big silly bully that leaves at 16 never to be heard of again. I don't think life-time popularity can measured on facebook! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Being successful and being popular rarely go hand in hand.

• Advertisement

not entirely true.
    so why does every girl i know fancy him and he dislikes me .
    i am nice person not good looking,slim,tall i am generous person,nice so why am i not popular.or is it because he is bloke.

3 yaers ago this same guy had a drunk French kissing with girl in a nightclub.who is heavy then me and older then me .that does n,t make sence just recent she has been added to his face book list while i have been rejected .

i,ll never have amount of friends he has.

i am not good looking person,nor tall ,skinny so that makes me outcast so.

HE DOESN,T LIKE ME FOR NO REASON

girls seem fancy him no matter where is he goes he always finds a girl who fancies him . none guy fancy me .
    i am early 30s .he boasting to me when he was drunk about all the beautiful looking girlfriends he had.some thing i perfered not to have knowing about him .and and every body loves and adores him .girls in the locker rooms are always talking about him.

he doesn,t like me at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

ladylouise wrote: »
    he doesn,t like me at all

Let it be and move on.

He presumably is allowed to dislike (or at least not actively like) whomsoever he pleases for whatever individual reasons are particular to him.

Myksyk wrote: »
    Let it be and move on.

He presumably is allowed to dislike (or at least not actively like) whomsoever he pleases for whatever individual reasons are particular to him.
    thats not fair.he likes every one but me .

i,ll never have amount of friends he has.

i am not good looking person,nor tall ,skinny so that makes me outcast so.

he has all advantages and i have none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Louise -

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. However, you've started multiple threads on this issue and every time you do, we have to tell you we can't help you.

We don't know you, and we don't know this guy. We don't know anything about the situation. I really don't know how to make this any clearer.

I'm very keen for you to be able to use boards as a resource, but I won't allow you to start any more threads on specific topics like this in the science category.

If you start another thread on this topic, I'm going to assume you're unable to understand the problem. My only solution in this case would be to prevent you from starting any threads by banning you from the category.

This is my final word on the matter, and I will not be responding to any messages on the subject.
    thanks,
    tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement