Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash for gold - beware

Options
  • 02-12-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

2 places operating in carlow offering cash for gold.

Whilst i cannot comment on either of them, people need to be aware that the value of their jewellery may be far far greater than that offered and need to be aware of poor value offered. (someone has to pay for the expensive adverts)

here's an interesting article.
    http://www.xcomplaints.com/complaint/former-employee-exposing-the-scams-of-cash4gold-c2.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

wow. there you go. That advert wasn't expensive at all. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

all these places crop up in recessionary times, there is also sell your car for cash websites that advertise their highest rates but the ordinary joe soap gets nothing like that for their family runabout.

what these places dont tell people is that a small repair to gold items can restore most or all of the value rather than flogging it cheap to these places

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'd just like to thank the users for using the "Report Post" Function.
    Within 18 minutes of an advertising post being created we had 5 reports.
    Thanks guys.
    Things like that make this forum a pleasure to mod.
    Unfortunately, this is my first time to be online today but one of my co-mods dealt with it.

Thanks again.
    ShayK1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank the users for using the "Report Post" Function.
    Within 18 minutes of an advertising post being created we had 5 reports.
    Thanks guys.
    Things like that make this forum a pleasure to mod.
    Unfortunately, this is my first time to be online today but one of my co-mods dealt with it.

Thanks again.
    ShayK1
    did i miss something interesting? was it free gold?

if people dont report these posts and adverts in the sister site the whole thing becomes unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

foggy_lad wrote: »
    did i miss something interesting? was it free gold?

No, just somebody from Cash4Gold trying to pimp their "quality service". It was nipped in the bud promptly thanks to the boards.ie users.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

ShayK1 wrote: »
    No, just somebody from Cash4Gold trying to pimp their "quality service". It was nipped in the bud promptly thanks to the boards.ie users.

Sure now, you've done the advertising for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

High fives all round, go team!

Advertisement