Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honour is back!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Me, I can remember it, fantastic for its time

235e017b42a0878c6ec0f110.L.jpg
    And a rarity too; this was back in the days when ww2 games hadn't yet flooded the market. In fact I don't believe there had been up until this point (Wolfenstein notwithstanding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Out of curiosity btw, how many people here played the very original Medal of Honour? I mean the PS1 game, that came with a piece of AI I have rarely seen used elsewhere; enemies would kick away grenades back at you, or dive on grenades to protect their buddies. It was such an awesome piece of AI back in the mid 90s.

Best of the lot to be honest, relative to the time and precedents. Played it to death, I used to love how the game recorded how many dudes you'd killed in total, even including replaying missions - mine was something like 25,000. The funny thing - or really, not so funny - is that the guys that developed it went on to make a whole load of trash....the last FPS game of theirs that I played was Terminator 3 on the Xbox original, utter crap. They did make The World is Not Enough, that was a pretty solid PSX shooter too I suppose. They also made the far more horrible Tomorrow Never Dies too, some of the animations in that game are very similar to those in Medal of Honor though..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first medal of honour was pure class, a Goldeneye clone that was way better than goldeneye in every way except the multiplayer. The atmosphere was terrific mostly down to how good the score was. It was also one of the first games other than commandos that took WW2 seriously and didn't go all wolfenstein. It was kind down hill after that except for the extraordinary MOHAA. Underground was a bit disappointing, Frontline was crap after the first two levels, although I had played MOH:AA first which was so much better. Pacific Assault wasn't as bad as people say. CoDjust took over and rightfully so. I thought I was sick of WW2 games until CoD came out and showed me I was just sick of generic CoD games and if they were done right they were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Had the best Theme Tune/ Soundtrack of any game *IMO* ...before i get slated.

Such an epic score

It set a precedent for all future action/adventures to follow really. Hollywood-esque :):D

Advertisement