Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrofit External Insulation

• 02-12-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am currently looking into an external insulation retrofit for my parents house. However my parents house has a pebble dash facade which they want to retain.
    I have called a number of contractors from the list of registered contractors on the SEI's website and all but one of them are telling me that it is impossible to achieve the pebble dash finish with current insulating products.

Does anybody have any experience/ advice in this area :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 trevdahead

hi yoda
    it is possible to retain the dash but there is currently only 2 certified systems in ireland which you can do this with,which is the weber system and the powerwall system
    where are u based

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Yoda08

Hi trevdahead.. My parents house is in Cork.. Do you know of any SEI registered contractors who supply and fit these solutions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 powerwaller

Hi Yoda 08 ,it would be easy to re plaster your project ,by first re coating your pebble dash with mortar to smooth it over prior to insulating your build with one of the afore mentioned products,weber or powerwall.
    Alas i m in donegal and far too far away. good luck with your project.

important note ,,any installer not assessed by nsai by march will not be covered on sei list to do external insulation from then on...

I m being assessed in feb ,but it costs nearly €4000...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 big neilly

Alas i m in donegal and far too far away. good luck with your project.

important note ,,any installer not assessed by nsai by march will not be covered on sei list to do external insulation from then on...

I m being assessed in feb ,but it costs nearly €4000...

Hi powerwaller im in Donegal looking for rough cost per m/2 for external insulation hope other prices mentioned on boards are Dub prices :D
    What type of render is used? Would like to use vertical stamped concrete like flex-c-ment its a cement based product designed for deep wall textures

• Advertisement
Advertisement