Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS 131 Discovery, March 18, 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

We haven't even gotten STS-130 out of the way yet!!:p:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Unfortunatley St Patricks day is Wednesday next year :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Whats going on!!:eek: Settle back now lads!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Capt'n Midnight is already excited about STS 131. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Haha, its commanded by a guy called Poindexter, wonder if he was a nerd in school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

any updates on sts-175 yet:confused:

ynotdu wrote: »

Space shuttle Lucan has been assigned to STS-175. The vehicle has been named after the commander of STS-150 Lord Lucan!:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    Space shuttle Lucan has been assigned to STS-175. The vehicle has been named after the commander of STS-150 Lord Lucan!:D

So long as Commander Lucan dont say *holy crap* at lift-off i can accept that!:pac::pac::pac:

Great they got all that extra funding!!!!!!:D

So long as Commander Lucan dont say *holy crap* at lift-off i can accept that!:pac::pac::pac:

Great they got all that extra funding!!!!!!:D

NASA chief Beeker successfully appealed to President Obama jr. in 2025 for extra funding and a STS extension!

Can i say "Holy mary mother of god"?;)

NASA chief Beeker successfully appealed to President Obama jr. in 2025 for extra funding and a STS extension!

Can i say "Holy mary mother of god"?;)

President Obama jr would be a woman,She would understand the need to 'get away' from it ALL:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Beeker as NASA chief?interesting idea,lots more pads and a launch every night after work!:D

You can say *holy mary moving statues!* If ya pull all that off!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Thargor wrote: »
    Haha, its commanded by a guy called Poindexter, wonder if he was a nerd in school.

Hiya Thargor , long time no see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hows the going Stargate, been studying, went back to college to escape the reccession. Hows the scope going, hope you didnt get flooded out down there.

We haven't even gotten STS-130 out of the way yet!!:p:p

Jez lads so much for waiting till jan 2010 :rolleyes: wheres Inspector Beeker
    http://stargate.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=beeker
    when you need him huh

Thargor wrote: »
    Hows the going Stargate, been studying, went back to college to escape the reccession. Hows the scope going, hope you didnt get flooded out down there.

Flooded :p jez rain rain everywhere :rolleyes: even your neck of the woods got it , my scope is doing great ,waiting on some clear nights without it bucketing down every 2 minutes , hows your scope Thargor , tut tut , you saying you went back to collage lol , tell the truth , the oul fella kicked ya out , too much partying i hear :D:D:D:D:D nice to see ya back round these parts :eek:

When the first launch of interplanetary flight Stargate-1 is taking place , dont anyone dare start any thread about it , its MINE

ALL MINE ..................:p;):D:):rolleyes::cool::pac::P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LoL Capt'n Midnight , All i can say is your ALL mad :eek:, and im the only sane person here :D thats the truth .............as i sit here in my Time Machine ready to go :D whos with me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Stargate wrote: »
    when you need him huh

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate wrote: »
    when you need him huh
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Is that a Russian mission? :D

• Advertisement

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Is that a Russian mission? :D

Niet !!!!!!!!!;)

Niet !!!!!!!!!;)

LoL @ ynotdu , He can speak taiwanese :eek: :P

Interesting images of Discovery as she undergoes processing in the OPF for STS-131. Her FRCS(Forward reaction control system) had been removed for repair and is pictured here being re-installed. I think this was about 2 weeks ago.
    2009-6718-m.jpg
    2009-6719-m.jpg
    2009-6717-m.jpg

With Endeavour in orbit with STS-130 its easy to forget that Discovery is well on its way throught processing for STS-131. Launch is due in just over a month on March 18th.
    Discovery rolls over from its Orbiter processing facility (OPF) hanger to the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) this sunday evening at 22:00 Irish time.

Looking like it could be monday before Discovery rolls over to the VAB. Weather is too cold for rollover at the moment.

Launch date looks likely to slip to March 22nd or possibly into April. A slip into April could impact on STS-132 in May.

sts1312.jpg

Rollover has been pushed back until the 22nd,looks like launch date will slip into April now.

Rollover has been pushed back until the 22nd,looks like launch date will slip into April now.
    No rush, maybe they can stretch out the last four over the next two years or so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

You guys recon that will affect the next launch? STS-132?

• Advertisement

You guys recon that will affect the next launch? STS-132?

It's very likely. There's talk that STS-132 could slip into early June,still too far out to say for sure. At the moment it's looking like STS-131 won't launch until around Easter.

Advertisement