Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS 131 Discovery, March 18, 2010.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

I agree with lord lucan, ynotdu-reconsider. I don't really contribute anything to this forum but I love reading your stuff...it would be a much less interesting place without you. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

ynotdu wrote: »
    I,ve decided to unsubscribe from boards.ie,gonna miss You guys!
    That includes ALL on the 127/8/9 threads and the Space/Astronomy forum!

God speed 131!

God speed Ya'll:)
    What happened my friend?:eek: Hope you come back. Gonna miss your humour and friendship here.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Payload arriving last week

Behind the scenes preperations for STS 131

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

FRR appears to be going well,indications are that they're happy enough to proceed.

• Advertisement

We're go for launch April 5th at 06.21 EDT(11.21 in Ireland)!:):):)

lord lucan wrote: »
    We're go for launch April 5th at 06.21 EDT(11.21 in Ireland)!:):):)
    Looks good!!

*Beeker hids away an easter egg for consumption during launch:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Beeker wrote: »
    Looks good!!

*Beeker hids away an easter egg for consumption during launch:D

:D:D:D

Mike Massimino is a legend. He should go into tv when his days in the astronaut office are over.:)

• Advertisement

Mike Massimino is a legend. He should go into tv when his days in the astronaut office are over.:)
    Yeah he really has become the face of the shuttle programme.:)

Under nominal conditions, Discovery will liftoff from Pad 39A at the precise moment that Earth’s rotation carries the launch pad into the center of the orbital corridor of the International Space Station (referred to as the “in-plane” launch time).
    Despite a preference to launch at this “in-plane” time, which currently rests at 06:21:16 EDT on April 5 (11:21:16 Irish time), the “in-plane” time is not the only moment at which Discovery can launch on April 5. The entire launch window for the opening launch day extends from 06:16:22 EDT – 06:29:36 EDT. a total of 13-minutes and 14-seconds. (Exact second marks are subject to change based on real-time ISS position on the day of launch.)

Given a launch at 6:21a.m. EDT on April 5, Discovery will dock with the ISS at 3:46a.m. EDT (08:46 Irish time) Wednesday, April 7.

Crew have arrived at the KSC for the launch

95233082.jpg

81553294.jpg

50970604.jpg

Weather forecast looks great for Monday,shouldn't be a constraint to launch. Let's hope Discovery's systems play ball and we get away first time.

Weather forecast looks great for Monday,shouldn't be a constraint to launch. Let's hope Discovery's systems play ball and we get away first time.
    :DLaunch fever.........go,go,go.......................:D:D

ynotdu if you are reading this as a guest....come on back for the launch! We need you:)

Beeker wrote: »
    ynotdu if you are reading this as a guest....come on back for the launch! We need you:)

It's eerily quiet on the launch thread without him!:(

Think it'll just be me and you Beeker here on monday!

It's eerily quiet on the launch thread without him!:(

Think it'll just be me and you Beeker here on monday!
    Looks that way. We might have Stargate, Kevster, Capt'n Midnight,12april1981, Jumpguy or any of the others we normally see, but it wont be the same with ynotdu:(

Soyuz TM18 launched this morning with the ISS expedition 23 crew aboard.

01exp23crew_400.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

So lads, long time no see! How's this looking to be a visible-over-Ireland launch?

jumpguy wrote: »
    So lads, long time no see! How's this looking to be a visible-over-Ireland launch?

It'll be after 11 in the morning here when she launches so we won't get to see it. Weather forecast is ****e anyways unfortunately.

How's your good self Jumpguy?

RSS retract in effect at the moment.

Weather still looking great for KSC and TAL sites. Roll on tomorrow morning!:)

sc01.jpg

bc1.JPG

Countdown running smoothly!
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18252.0;attach=209633;image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

well if i cannot be here with Yous tomorrow in person,i will be with You's in spirit!:)
    Happy Easter! {what's left of it}

Oh and Beaky YOU mentioning Soyuz???? the grieving has well set in on Ya!!!!! Lol

You's are the best!:)

ynotdu wrote: »
    well if i cannot be here with Yous tomorrow in person,i will be with You's in spirit!:)
    Happy Easter! {what's left of it}

Oh and Beaky YOU mentioning Soyuz???? the grieving has well set in on Ya!!!!! Lol

You's are the best!:)

:):):):):):):):)

• Advertisement

Tanking was successful,all 7 crew are onboard and weather is green. Close-out crew are finishing up taking the white room apart.So far so good!:)

Advertisement