Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what i need for video editing?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I want to get into abit of video editing. I have a desktop that has ample specifications for video editing.

I would like to know what other programs I would need along with Adobe after effects in order to do some editing?

Do I need a program like ulead/vegas/or other video editing software to go along with after effects...or would after effects on its own be ok to edit?

I have photoshop CS2.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I've done a few weddings for family since 2004 and use the following setup:

Pinnacle Studio 9 (latest version is Studio 14). Can be a bit contrary. But it will capture, edit, and burn to DVD for you, with moving thumbnails. It comes supplied witha host of transitions, and you can purchae more quite cheaply.

It eliminates the need for separate editing and authoring programs.

You can also get Cyberlink Power Director 8 which is also excellent.

You can purchase it HERE for around €35. It's probably your best bet if you want to just experiment.

But you should have a standalone 7200rpm drive, as trying to edit from your C drive can cause problems.

You'll need, at the very minimum, a dual-core machine, with at least 3 Gigs of RAM.

It works way better on Macs BTW.

Hope that helps.

Freddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

After Effects is more for color correction and adding effects, doing cutting of clips or putting clips together for a few minute edit is a bit tedious with it.

What I do is edit individual clips in AE then import them to Adobe Premiere and work from there.

Pinnacle is good for home videos & wedding shoots, its very easy to use, lots of transitions and options to export straight to dvd.

If you want more professional software go for Vegas, Premiere etc, they're bit harder to pick up (unless you know FCP), but work better.

Alternatively if you're not looking for anything fancy, windows movie maker can do the trick...

Advertisement