Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl "selling" airfresheners at Clonsilla train stn this morning

Options
  • 02-12-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

This morning there was a girl standing just inside of Clonsilla train station handing out items. I assumed it was a free item - you know the way at the stations in town you get free samples alot.

It was actually an airfreshener with a note saying "Please buy this product. I have no money and have two children" (or something like this)

I gave it back when I saw this. (Was nice about it, said no thanks etc)

I don't object to her "selling" but I felt like I had been duped into taking it and then obligated to buy it. (If I want to donate to someone selling/begging I will, but I would like to have the choice)

Many people did come back and give her money, while keeping the airfreshener. Not sure if they did out of choice or because felt obligated to.

Just letting you know in case she is at any other station in D15 so that you can actually choose if you want to buy or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

my dad got caught out by her this morning in the line of traffic at clonsilla. he didnt read it and just assumed it was one of those free sample things he had it opened and hanging on his mirror when she came back for it. not sure if she asked for a specific amount but he gave her 2e!! although his own fault for not reading it first he was not impressed felt like he had been conned into it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I saw her too. She was walking up and down the road. This morning it was a big guy. Snatched the yokes back of people when he got no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Oh wow. I've never seen this happening in Ireland. I'm excited to get the train in a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Before you leave home in the morning, get a post-it and write on it - 'No thanks, you chancer'. When she hands you the air freshener, attach your post-it and hand it back to her. Watch her expression. Nice start to the weekend. :)

Advertisement