Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Skin; And People Who Use Black Font...

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Gordon wrote: »
    Can the [colour="black"] code be put in the censor to remove it completely? There's never a need for black font, shirsly. It would mean that people's posts would be dotted with [/color] tags if they are copy/pasting, but it would put more pressure on people to post in the default font.

it's handy for bypassing that shitty swear filter though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

copacetic wrote: »
    it's handy for bypassing that shitty swear filter though.
    Size also does a pretty good fucking job. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jonathan wrote: »
    Size also does a pretty good fucking job. :P

But if you use the size tags to get around the swearing filter then you'd have 1% of the people who change text size using browser native settings complaining about how the size tag ruins their ability to read threads.
    It's funny cos that 1% statistic is give or take about right for this thread too, considering there are a whopping 352 users of the cloud skin and very few worried about colour tags and only .5 per cent of them appears to judge posters intelligence based on their usage of a tag.
    Interesting stuff all in all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It effects more then the cloud skin there is the starwars skin, the evil skin and the hollow'een skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

DeVore wrote: »
    Soon™

DeV.

Now part of my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

DeVore wrote: »
    So, in the future we will either move to a "1 light, 1 dark" solution, or preferably a "colour it yourselves" solution. It wont be today or tomorrow, when I say "soon" I mean next year. Possibly.

DeV.
    Cloud stays though...right? It actually helps my eyes a good bit, all those floaters aren't as noticeable with the Cloud skin applied.

Also, I had this skin enabled for the best part of two years, and it took my girlfriend to point out that it says cloud in the upper left hand of the page. I just thought it was a cool looking banner. "Whats Cloud?" :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Amz wrote: »
    It's incredibly bloody annoying.

You have your own personal tool-filter. What's annoying about that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, my first black coloured post, I can now enforce people not seeing my posts, enforced ignore, woo!
    The only annoying thing about this is the way colour is spelled and that the boards spell check says that I am spelling colour wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Oh Black is the colour of my true love's hair. Her lips are like some roses fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I use the Black skin and find black text rather annoying - I know I can highlight it, but I find certain colours with certain backgrounds hard on the eyes/not easy to read.

Currently the Christmas Forum has lots of [Advice] etc headings on a bunch of threads which apart from making it awkward to see what's what in the forum, they're written in black so you can't see it unless you go highlighting the page...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

CommMan Labels are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ah ok, just I've seen [] stuff in white etc so I assumed you could do them in different colours

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I switched from my standard Purple skin to Cloud to read this thread, and yes, the black text is incredibly annoying.

In conclusion, purple rocks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Trojan wrote: »
    I switched from my standard Purple skin to Cloud to read this thread, and yes, the black text is incredibly annoying.

In conclusion, purple rocks.

I'm going to start posting like this from now on just to piss you off. :)

Advertisement