Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City v Arsenal, Blackburn v Chelsea [league cup]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CHD wrote: »
    Tis banter! But really though, meh to it, less games the better this season.

ill bookmark this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Utd a shoe in then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

City vs Villa final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mike65 wrote: »
    Utd a shoe in then?
    Hardly... City put out a full team tonight, they'll do likewise against United. We'll play the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dave! wrote: »
    We'll play the kids.

Neville, Brown, Vidic, Anderson, Park, Berbatov....bench with Carrick/Gigges/Owen/Fletcher.why do people keep going on about Utd playing kids? there was one player on the field last night under 20. with the exception of Da Laet and possibly Wellbeck, all the rest are in & around the first team regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Kids ftw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

redout wrote: »
    Suppose in 2005 and 2007 it was a big cup though.
    No, never pretended it was a big cup ever. Nice to win it, but Chelsea have bigger things to win this year.
    Headshot wrote:
    ill bookmark this

Cool, why? Chelsea have players going to the ACON and need to keep everyone fit. CC gets in the way when you aspire to win EPL, FA Cup and CL imo. Better off out than having a big player injured during it and being left with just a last/final appearance in the CC. Don't think we would play kids in Semis so this is a factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dave! wrote: »
    Hardly... City put out a full team tonight, they'll do likewise against United. We'll play the kids.

Kids and reserves mainly, with a few senior pros thrown in to steady the ship.

Happy now Mr Alan?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CHD wrote: »
    No, never pretended it was a big cup ever. Nice to win it, but Chelsea have bigger things to win this year.

Cool, why? Chelsea have players going to the ACON and need to keep everyone fit. CC gets in the way when you aspire to win EPL, FA Cup and CL imo. Better off out than having a big player injured during it and being left with just a last/final appearance in the CC. Don't think we would play kids in Semis so this is a factor.

why because everytime ye're knocked out of a competition ill post it up :D

Osu wrote: »
    Rosco number 2?

Hope that comment haunts ya fella.
    Cheers fella. But when you want to win the EPL and CL the CC just gets in the way, United fans can pretend its a big cup now though.

What did Rossco do? Was it last year/season , since your here a month or two are you a re reg?! Just askin since i havn't seen what he did in last 2 months. link?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    why because everytime ye're knocked out of a competition ill post it up :D
    Picked a bad season to start doing this with me Headshot :)

Bring it on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Neville, Brown, Vidic, Anderson, Park, Berbatov....bench with Carrick/Gigges/Owen/Fletcher.why do people keep going on about Utd playing kids? there was one player on the field last night under 20. with the exception of Da Laet and possibly Wellbeck, all the rest are in & around the first team regularly.

Bench warmers and OAPs brother.

Add Macheda, Obertan, Tosic, Gibson and PiG to that list aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

While it would have been nice to win I'd take three points saturday instead please. Peno's though. :(

brown is the best RB at Utd.
    Park plays a lot of big big games for Utd.
    owen is your new tevez, third choice striker,started a good few games this season for ye, holder of the famous no:7 jersey.
    Anderson is a first choice player a lot of the time.
    Berbatov cost over 30m & is first choice.
    Vidic is your best defender.
    Obertan has been featured in most first team games over the last couple of months and people have been saying he deserves to start for ye.

not claiming its your first choice 11 or anything, but people talking about "playing the kids" are talking ****e.

It was Berbatov's first match in weeks, and Park had been out for months with injury and sickness, he's trying to get back to match fitness

So De Laet, Gibson, Obertan, Welbeck, and 2 players coming back from injury. Then those veterans Tosic and Macheda came off the bench.

or Carrick coming off the bench too, lets not forget that.

Dave, calling the team last night "kids" is ridiculous, Da Laet,Wellbeck & Gibson, were the only ones who started not first team regulars.

anyway, i'm just being pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Arsenal didn't play their kids either so, going on that basis. Can we agree to call it a reserve team? Whereas City will play their first team, and should walk through it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

anyway, i'm just being pedantic.

Please continue :D

if Utd field a similar team to last night & perform as they did last night, i'd expect City to hammer em over 2 legs tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Hope we field are best eleven against city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has suggested Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger should have shown more grace following the North London side's 3-0 Carling Cup defeat at Eastlands.

Wenger disappeared down the tunnel after the final whistle without, as is custom, shaking hands with his counterpart.

Hughes handled the situation with some humour, waving at the back of the Arsenal manager as his players shook hands with their beaten opponents.

While expressing that he has "a lot of respect" for Wenger, Hughes added: "He should have been a little more gracious."

When questioned about the handshake snub an unrepentant Wenger said: "I'm free to shake hands with whoever I want."

The Frenchman is renowned for his unusual reaction to defeats. Following Arsenal's recent defeat to Chelsea, he proclaimed that Chelsea goalscorer Didier Drogba "does not do a lot".

Even in victory he has not been known to have a post-match glass of wine with opposing managers; a tradition observed by many Premier League bosses, including his old nemesis Sir Alex Ferguson.

Manchester City's victory tonight means that they will face Manchester United in the semi-finals of the Carling Cup, a prospect which former United striker Hughes is relishing.

He said: "We'd have fancied our chances against anyone in the draw so bring them on."justcopyright.gif?feedid=8000010&itemid=19492545

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

JP Liz wrote: »
    Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has suggested Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger should have shown more grace following the North London side's 3-0 Carling Cup defeat at Eastlands.

Wenger disappeared down the tunnel after the final whistle without, as is custom, shaking hands with his counterpart.
    justcopyright.gif?feedid=8000010&itemid=19492545

Ah come on now didn't ya see Hughes invading Arsene's technical area he literally rolled the ball right over his technical area to put it by the touch line disgraceful behaviour by hughes*

*dripping with sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I was embarrassed watching Wenger walking away without shaking Hughes' hand.

Very disappointing and just plain petulant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    I was embarrassed watching Wenger walking away without shaking Hughes' hand.

Very disappointing and just plain petulant.

I know it's common courtesy and all that but, I don't think it has anything to do with the match yesterday. I wouldn't say I was embarrassed either as I can be equally as petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

At the end of the day Wenger was right (I despise Hughes). On another note Cesc was right too about Hughes.

Cesc & Wenger for all their talents are unbelievably bad losers.

It is a massive failing tbh.

Cesc & Wenger for all their talents are unbelievably bad losers.

It is a massive failing tbh.

Wenger yes.

But I don't know what your basing the Cesc comment on? One incident?

the incident against Hull.

or West Ham a few seasons ago when he punched Sheringham in the stomach after losing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

or West Ham a few seasons ago when he punched Sheringham in the stomach after losing the game.
    Is there a video of this per chance? :D

• Advertisement

in work so can't look, sheringham just laughed at him at the time.

also wasn't Cesc the man who started flinging pizza at OT?! :p

Lol, you mean the one that never happened?

"something" definately happened.

including him storming onto the pitch like an extra from the football factory! :D

in work so can't look, sheringham just laughed at him at the time.

also wasn't Cesc the man who started flinging pizza at OT?! :p

He was accused of that and was never charged. I read an article lately that basically said he was still písséd off at being blamed for that. He also said in the same article that he was sorry for his comments to Hughes as they were very disrespectful.

"something" definately happened.

including him storming onto the pitch like an extra from the football factory! :D

Did he not just come on to the pitch to celebrate with the players and then Brown accused him of spitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jasonorr wrote: »
    Did he not just come on to the pitch to celebrate with the players and then Brown accused him of spitting?
    Well if that's what his celebration face, he should really change it as it looks quite menacing!

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Arsenal+v+Hull+City+FA+Cup+6th+Round+N7k7y2v-0WKl.jpg

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Well if that's what his celebration face, he should really change it as it looks quite menacing!

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/fabregas-argue-415x275.jpg

His only crime that day was that awful jacket.

arsenal_fabregas_x345.jpg

This one is weirder...

gun__1257153443_0.jpg

Advertisement