Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hollystown schools

Options
  • 02-12-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Am thinking of buying in Hollystown. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the local schools? Is kilbride school the nearest? Also whats the area like??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Hi, I don't live in Hollystown myself but I was told that the nearest school is less than 5 mins away in a car, in Kilbride. There is another school in tyrrellstown but with traffic in the mornings you might be better off going with the Kilbride option. The area seems nice but you'd definatly need a car. Its about the same distance from Finglas as it is to Blanchardstown so the world is your oyster.

Personally I'd wait a little longer to buy as the house prices are in freefall and the house you buy this year could be worth a conciderable amount less next year. Also there are lots of empty houses up there so if its a new build you could be waiting a while for any neighbours to move in beside you. But the houses up the are very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sincar

thanks for that, might do a bit more research before i decide.

Advertisement