Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three just drastically increased their text prices?

• 02-12-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hey its my first time posting on boards.ie but I really just have to show my sort of outrage and shock at what three have done in the recent few days. I've been on threepay almost since it started in Ireland and theres one thing that was good about it, cheap texts.

in the past few days, without warning, they've increased the prices of their texts to 12 cent from 5 cent. Now they've introduced this talk and text bundle, where you get 20 free minutes and 20 free texts when you top up by €10 or 200 minutes and 200 texts for €20. Its a good deal yeah, but they more than doubled the price of their texts when you've used up all your free texts. This has actually greatly annoyed me mainly because of the fact that they did not warn me about these price changes. What do others think? or have I missed out on anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They can't change the prices for their service if you have a contract signed with them.

If you are on prepay there is more than one fish in the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You should still be on the old plan. Those prices increased a long time ago, for new customers. Some people were switched to new plans, but three had to move them back.

Ring them, and get them to switch you back. It may not be easy though. You didn't agree to switch, or some other offer ? If you did you would have forfeited your right to the old plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 turlybork

i remember earlier in the year they asked me if i would switch to the other plan but i refused

so that means i should be still on the legacy tariff? http://www.three.ie/priceplans/legacy3.htm

because i havent changes my price plan at all since i joined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes you should still be on the old plan. Im not 100% certain, but I think it was advertised as 5cent texts for life once you signed before a certain date.

Ask them why you were switched without your request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i was in one of there stores today looks like there going be rolling out 18 month contracts for new mobiles like they have in the UK.( i wonder will the longer contracts like the ones in the UK mean cheaper handsets though?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i was in one of there stores today looks like there going be rolling out 18 month contracts for new mobiles like they have in the UK.( i wonder will the longer contracts like the ones in the UK mean cheaper handsets though?)

well o2 gives iphones with 18 month contracts.

prepay o2 = 519eu
    billpay ( reasonable 40eu) - 200eu

I dont know if its worth it to sign your kidney and 1 leg for 300eu off.... specially when there is no way i use out 40eu on call monthly...

And arent we talking here about prepay 3? As he does mention top ups of 10 and 20... how can you have plan on those?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I noticed the same thing. I'm on pay as you go and had 9c credit left but when I tried to send a text it wouldn't let me. Got €10 top up and sent the message and when I checked the credit again it told me I had 20 talk and text weekend minutes and still had €10.09 left so the cost of that text hadn't been detucted. I was thinking of a new phone for Christmas, I'll have to see how this new system works as it might mean changing to a new network as well.

Advertisement