Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Santa in City Center

Options
  • 02-12-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Any recommendations of a good santa in Dublin City center to bring the kids to see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Yeah i need to know this too...I'm thinking about Arnotts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Not sure about city centre but the one in dundrum shopping centre was brilliant. €10 for photo toy drink and a pack of sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Might try this one out. When did you go out?

Just wondering would it be busy mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I went on a Sunday at about 1pm although it was 2 weeks ago, it was still a bit busy but the grotto is quite big so theres plenty of room indoors and loads of displays for the kids to check out too.

Thanks for the info. I will probably pop out mid week in the afternoon some time. Not sure If the little one will like it or be afraid.
    She is 22 months and last year wasnt bothered about it but at holloween this year she was terrified of costumes.
    Hoepfully she'll like santy.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I will probably pop out mid week in the afternoon some time. Not sure If the little one will like it or be afraid.
    She is 22 months and last year wasnt bothered about it but at holloween this year she was terrified of costumes.
    Hoepfully she'll like santy.:D

As someone working in the grotto trade (elf) I can tell you that the majority of kids her age will get a bit scared, but if you sit with them for the photo they should be grand.

I heard a rumour that Arnotts aren't doing parcels this year?Don't know if it's true.

Yeh I am looking for a "real" santa for my 5 yr old. She asked me today if she would get to see the real santa :(

As someone working in the grotto trade (elf) I can tell you that the majority of kids her age will get a bit scared, but if you sit with them for the photo they should be grand.

Only one way to find out I suppose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

going back close to 10 years now we would always take the kids up to dublin every 8th dec to see santa in arnotts hehe what a guy he is wonderful fabulous absolutely amazing he remembered all the kids every year now i cannot wait to take my youngest back up to see him for the 1st time and she can see what all the fuss was over when her sisters were her age :p

hey anybody know if it is the same santa as way back when :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I love Arnotts Santa, it's free to see him, and you only pay if you want the official picture and/or keyrings. (be prepared for a que though, couple of hours at least, we usually take it as a relay in the que, one adult holding the place while the other shops and keeps the kids entertained, and swap every now and then)

He has a real beard, and he's just such a lovely man, really patient and makes the children feel really at ease.

I'll also be paying a visit to the Glenroe Christmas Village this year too, as I heard it was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The arnotts Santa lived around the corner from me until I was about 6 and then we moved house. He obviously had his beard all year around so whenever he walked passed us kids we'd just stop and stare in awe and he'd give us a little wink or something. It was so cool. Such a genuinely nice guy and seemed to really love his job and making Christmas special for kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

In case you want to avoid queues: there is a santa in the Irish Life mall. Can't imagine he'd be too busy. Cheaper than other santas too.

Plus they have a bit of a display/grotto etc

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Santa in St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre is fantastic and is the 'real' deal. Queues are long though so get there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Santa in St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre is fantastic and is the 'real' deal. Queues are long though so get there early.

+1 for this. I've been going for the past number of years with my family as part of our run-up-to-Christmas tradition, having gone to the Arnotts Santa in previous years. Stephen's Green guy is very tall, very cuddly with sparkly brown eyes, a real beard and the most lovely magical smile I have ever seen. His suit is beautifully made and boy, does he say all the right things. "Some people call me Saint Nicholas, some call me Kris Kringle, but YOU, little one can call me (twinkle in eyes) SANTA CLAUS!" Asks the children can they tell him about the true meaning of Christmas and always gives a little helping hand, mentioning the baby Jesus and remembering the children in poor countries far far away who have no food or clothes and asking them to say prayers to the baby Jesus to take care of them. Such a wonderful man. Invites mommies and daddies to sit on his knee and sings a little Christmas tune. Here's a photo from a few years back of my little sister with him: 331768 (link in case that doesn't work... http://pix.ie/asadlier/776720/in/album/331768)

He brings a tear to my eye every year. The magic of Christmas is still around in the grotto in Stephen's Green, makes me feel like a child again!

Advertisement