Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn renewed my DD, want to pay by CC?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Im renewing my insurance with Quinn, currently paying by DD.

i want to change from DD to a single credit card payment on renewal, so went online to do so and found out they already have renewed my policy (and by DD i presume), 3 days before renewal is due.

I cant afford the extra service charge for DD (60quid), will thye just change it if i call them 2mrw or am i committed now to DD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I suspect that you are stuck. The big problem with DDs is that you actually sign away a lot of rights to the other party.

Without being unkind, the lesson seems to be to make any changes like the one you wanted well before renewal date.

By all means ring them up and try your luck. If they will not help tell them that you are in such financial difficulties that you may have to consider cancelling your policy with them and transferring to another health insurer at a better rate if they will not co-operate. Tell them that you got a better "premium indication" from Hibernian but don't say what it was [you can't because it does not exist :):)]!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Ring your bank and cancel the direct debit, ring quinn and tell them that you are not renewing with them.

Its your money, no company can take it without your permission.
    If you have cancelled the DD and they still attempt to take the money from your account then it will not be taken. I know this for fact since I accidently cancelled my DD for my car loan this week and the finance company rang me after it got rejected :o
    However if you have NOT cancelled the DD then they can take as much as they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Quinn said no probs...they said get to the bank and cancel the DD or it would be taken as its the day before renewal, but if i couldnt get to the bank the first DD may have gone through but would be refunded within 14days which is fari enough.

Advertisement