Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody been asked to drop some guns?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

ring the nargc and let them know....

They have advised me ".............The NARGC simply cannot become directly involved in each individual case. We don’t have the personnel resources to do that. We deal with issues which go to the heart of national policy and interpretation of the actual legislation. There are many matters which are really for the applicants themselves to justify or argue and this is one of them"

This reply is with regard to my Supers refusal to increase my ammo allowance from 250 rounds per licence and the Supers refusal to give me authoriation for a .22lr moderator.

So it seems we are really f**ked now !!!!!

So my choices are to contact FPU myself and/or find a solicitor and go to Court :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmmm.

On the other hand BS, one of the larger "victories" of late (the dropping of the licence fee hike plan) came about because everyone did something rather than leaving it all up to a single NGB.

Maybe the NARGC can provide at least technical assistance (ie. numbers for solicitors who're familiar with firearms legislation in each district) or the like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

They have advised me ".............The NARGC simply cannot become directly involved in each individual case. We don’t have the personnel resources to do that. We deal with issues which go to the heart of national policy and interpretation of the actual legislation. There are many matters which are really for the applicants themselves to justify or argue and this is one of them"

This reply is with regard to my Supers refusal to increase my ammo allowance from 250 rounds per licence and the Supers refusal to give me authoriation for a .22lr moderator.

So it seems we are really f**ked now !!!!!

So my choices are to contact FPU myself and/or find a solicitor and go to Court :(

You can appeal it all in the district court, the form to send in is on Courts.ie, I have it, let ,me know if you need it and I'll email it to you.
    I'm defending myself, it can be done.

Hope it works out,

HJ:)

Thanks HJ !!!!! ;)

Might go down that road myself what have I to loose :D

PM'd you my e-mail address can't find form on web site :(

Thank in advance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Thanks HJ !!!!! ;)

Might go down that road myself what have I to loose :D

waist of time bunny .

tom o learys case was more or less kicked out of court with out the right of appeal.

there all singing off the one sheet .the nargc are a discrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

jwshooter wrote: »
    waist of time bunny .

tom o learys case was more or less kicked out of court with out the right of appeal.

My local district court tried that repeatedly on me, would not accept my appeal as it's the first one in the county and they never did it before, so just kept telling them it's my right to appeal, got the form for them, found it, and applied by registered mail twice.

Dont give up, don't give in.

happyjack wrote: »
    My local district court tried that repeatedly on me, would not accept my appeal as it's the first one in the county and they never did it before, so just kept telling them it's my right to appeal, got the form for them, found it, and applied by registered mail twice.

Dont give up, don't give in.

so your sorted then

waist of time bunny .

Welcome back, you were missed ;)

I know it's a waste of time BUT it's their time too ;) And if enough of us do this someone somewhere has to take notice :D Just doing MY bit :)

Not aware of Tom O'Learys case :confused: What exactly was he trying to appeal ?

Maybe NARGC can do nothing either :(

happyjack what form am I looking for ?

Welcome back, you were missed ;)

I know it's a waste of time BUT it's their time too ;) And if enough of us do this someone somewhere has to take notice :D Just doing MY bit :)

Not aware of Tom O'Learys case :confused: What exactly was he trying to appeal ?

Maybe NARGC can do nothing either :(

the old problem BS , i thought this new legislation was going to be black and white its not so .

some are getting centre fire pistols most are not . same with mods, wrong ammo allowances etc.
    some are been rode on the rim by supers that dont like us having any form of firearm.
    a stalking friend and i sent in our applications in to enniscorthy the same week .6 weeks ago he has his (licences) back 3 weeks now i got my letter stating i should get word with in 3 months today.

• Advertisement

the old problem BS , i thought this new legislation was going to be black and white its not so .

some are getting centre fire pistols most are not . same with mods, wrong ammo allowances etc.
    some are been rode on the rim by supers that dont like us having any form of firearm.....................

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

happyjack what form am I looking for ?

Its form 101 afaik http://courts.ie/rules.nsf/53bd32841fc5bbf280256d2b0045bb5d/39052bd54fd538f280257642003bbe4b?OpenDocument the clerk of the court would confirm this and anybody can lodge an appeal you don't have to be a solicitor but one would be advisable

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I think I have aplan.....Render unto the supers what is their due.
    IOW GIVE them what they want!.If say you have four guns ,put two in STORAGE in your local dealer.But here is the clever bit..Two or three weeks later,apply for them to be taken out of storage,as you will need them for a specific type of shoot or competition ,say four weeks time,and put the other two in storage.Three weeks later,apply again for the other two in storage to be taken out again.And on and on...If this sounds like a paperwork nightmare..It is!.Create so much paperwork for them and multiply this by a hundred fold for any Super that is refusing to issue more than this nonsenseical two limit.Do not accept any sort of "Ah shure work away on the other gun liscenses for the two in storage.You will be grand" excuses.The law is the law and it must be followed properly to the letter...
    If that creates a paperwork nightmare and crash for a Govt dept...well sorry! IOW create a paper backlog,by" applying to rule."Your firearms,and your right to apply for use of them if they are in storage.

I really feel sad that we have to go down these kind of routes,but this legislation which was supposed to even up things,regulate and simplify the granting of liscenses etc.But all it has seemingly done is to allow some supers and CS to go off even further off the rails on the liscensing.:( They are creating a Them and Us situation with gunowners and Gardai,if this is the only way we can protest against Garda obduracy ..then so be it.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

Be careful putting ANYTHING in storage !

This whole thing is a minefield. Don't do anything without qualified legal advice.

You may not win by crossing your Ts and dotting your Is but you will lose if you don't !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Everyone is upset for one reason or an other and rightly so, unfortunately this isnt going to be fixed over night For what its worth, The NARGC are collecting submissions from members in relation to al the hassels being described, i.e

4 gun only
    wrong ammunition
    silincers refused when requested
    etc etc,

Secretatries have been asked to pass this on to their members and tell them to submit same.

Defending yourself in court, and in my day I have seen lots of people doing this may seem like a good idea, but from my experience, they get eat, beat and shlit on. You need to know your topic and the law very well and then you have to get past a District Court Judge.

On the other side, there are gardai out there applying the commissioners guidelines, helping lads through forms, ringing secretaries of clubs looking for lists of current members etc and no hassle, so lets not go running about with a big paint brush

Sorry I dont quite see what is the problem legal minefield or otherwise,of putting your guns in storage and then asking those to be taken out and your others to be put in?????????Sombody like to clarify the "legal minefield" on a perfectly ligit firearms movement under Irish law????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    CS
    Remember too that as a layman defending yourself,you indeed have a fool for a client[coined no doubt by somone in the legal profession].However for some people it might be their only option at the moment.Seeing that the shooting organisations here dont have a legal counsel on a retainer to act as a "fire brigade" for their members..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

can you wife licence the other two with out having to put them into storage....I know that giving the missus a gun can be a risky venture...:D but better than getting rid of it

My two already are..:D Thats me aul one,and the girlfriend that is.I'm not a Mormon:eek::D.Then expect them to be quizzed as to why as "women" they want guns???Sexisim is still alive and well in the mindset of the powers that be....Hmmm maybe we could get the "sisterhood" involved in shooting??.You dont mess with the Irish "Wimmins" council at your peril:eek:

BTW a risky venture only if you let them near the ammo as well.

BTW a risky venture only if you let them near the ammo as well.[/quote]

Dont you know a woman would never shoot you with a gun......there be too much of a mess made that they'd be left with to clean up:D
    they're most likely to batter you with it:P

Everyone is upset for one reason or an other and rightly so, unfortunately this isnt going to be fixed over night For what its worth, The NARGC are collecting submissions from members in relation to al the hassels being described, i.e

4 gun only
    wrong ammunition
    silincers refused when requested
    etc etc,

Secretatries have been asked to pass this on to their members and tell them to submit same.

Defending yourself in court, and in my day I have seen lots of people doing this may seem like a good idea, but from my experience, they get eat, beat and shlit on. You need to know your topic and the law very well and then you have to get past a District Court Judge.

On the other side, there are gardai out there applying the commissioners guidelines, helping lads through forms, ringing secretaries of clubs looking for lists of current members etc and no hassle, so lets not go running about with a big paint brush

But we were told everything was gonna be great once the Guidelines were published and that we were all going to be treated the same. More fool us for believing it. Imagine, beleiving we were gonna be treated fairly and with respect by certain members of the Gardai :rolleyes: The Gardai were going to be "accountable" :rolleyes:, grandfathering :rolleyes:, restricted is not prohibited :rolleyes:, silencers were not going to be a problem :rolleyes:, increased ammo allowances :rolleyes:, tell your NGB if you have hassle they'll get onto FPU :rolleyes:, and I can go on.

More like keep 'em talking while we set up the legislation to shaft them gits once and for all.

• Advertisement

would my super in enniscorthy not be better off calling into the nargc regional agm.
    than trying to make a criminal out of me and you guys.
    i have a licenced firearm (S) for 25 years with out ever causing any trouble apart from looking for my rights.

should he not be asking for the help of one of the strongest and most active bodies in the countryside .

as they (AN Garda siochana )are not fit to police rural ireland .there is more and more robberies than ever in rural ireland ,old farmers beaten to a pulp every week.they are a waist of tax payers money .

they are set up for the collection of income form parking fines ,your tax out a few days etc. there a joke at this stage . now there crying and on a go slow as there over time and top line is cut .god love them .
    crime is rampant . what do they do nothing no local interaction at all .go on to there wed site fachtna murphy is pictured grinning like a dead hare.

what does this man have to grin about .

there one big cluster fxxk

just to throw a spanner into the works, i got all my licences approved with no bother guards down my way seem to be very efficient with my licence applications.
    Only thing was that i didn't get the quantities of ammo i applies for on two guns while no numbers on two more

4gun wrote: »
    just to throw a spanner into the works, i got all my licences approved with no bother guards down my way seem to be very efficient with my licence applications.
    Only thing was that i didn't get the quantities of ammo i applies for on two guns while no numbers on two more

well thats a contradiction in terms .did the super refuse you in writing your asked ammo .

if not the super is in breach of the law that he is very well paid ,to up hold.
    and its not up to them to make it up as they see fit

as far as i'm concerned i got what i wanted, which was my guns licenced and enough ammo to do what i need to do
    150 for the 223 and 22 mag and was not given any actual numbers for 308 and shotgun, but that could mean i've only been allowed 100 for all i know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

well thats a contradiction in terms .did the super refuse you in writing your asked ammo .

if not the super is in breach of the law that he is very well paid ,to up hold.
    and its not up to them to make it up as they see fit

Hi jwshooter. What law would the super have breached?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Its form 101 afaik http://courts.ie/rules.nsf/53bd32841fc5bbf280256d2b0045bb5d/39052bd54fd538f280257642003bbe4b?OpenDocument the clerk of the court would confirm this and anybody can lodge an appeal you don't have to be a solicitor but one would be advisable
    Make sure you cite the correct legislation when completing that form. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

4gun wrote: »
    as far as i'm concerned i got what i wanted, which was my guns licenced and enough ammo to do what i need to do
    150 for the 223 and 22 mag and was not given any actual numbers for 308 and shotgun, but that could mean i've only been allowed 100 for all i know

or no limit stated. So no limit?

BornToKill wrote: »
    Hi jwshooter. What law would the super have breached?

there duty bound to inform you in writing if there refusing any thing that you requested on your application .ie ammo amounts ,mods.

there law not mine . pity they dont follow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

there duty bound to inform you in writing if there refusing any thing that you requested on your application .ie ammo amounts ,mods.
    Er, no, they're not.
    And we pointed that out here when it first showed up a few years ago.
    The law says they're required to inform you if you're granted a cert; or if you're refused a cert; but if they do not contact you at all within three months, you are deemed to have been refused and notified properly of the refusal.
    15A.—
    ...information on what can be appealed in the District Court...
    (5) For the purposes of this section—
    (a) an issuing person—
    (i) who is required under section 3(9), 4A(7) or 10(4F) to decide on an application within a specified period, and
    (ii) who does not so decide,
    is deemed to have decided to refuse to grant the application,
    (b) the applicant is deemed to have received notice of the decision on the expiration of that period
    , and
    (c) as the case may be, section 3(10) does not apply in relation to the application.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

if they do not contact you at all within three months, you are deemed to have been refused and notified properly of the refusal.

Now does that open the way for a District Court appeal? Would the super not have to then justify his failure to respond?

Advertisement