Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone downloading Torrents Problem

• 02-12-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

i have been recently changed from bt to vodafone 7.6 package since today i can only download torrents at 140kbs to 90 kbs any one else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

having issues accessing some sites also. checked downforeveryoneorjustme and said that this site is up. voda blocking sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Did you change your router? If you have you will need to set port forwarding up... Some routers support dynamically setting up port forwarding but your client needs to support it (vuze does).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Xcellor wrote: »
    Did you change your router? If you have you will need to set port forwarding up... Some routers support dynamically setting up port forwarding but your client needs to support it (vuze does).

This wouldn't effect the OPs speed. If ports were the issue it would not work at all. I've been on the same vodafone package for a while now, I would consider these speeds quite good for vodafone and would be happy to get these. I usually get slightly less than these. The issue is IMO that vodafone over sell their product and if theres too many in a cell tower region trying to check their facebooks and download p**n etc then everyone in the region suffers.

EDIT: typos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is your connection secure? Wep encrypted? neighbour could be using it aswell if its not

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Started a thread on this subject, generally dreadfull not what you'd expect from a 7meg connection....occasionally I'll hit 300 or so kb/s download but mostly like right now for example I'm on 18kb

dial up ****e!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

I know it's a month old, but don't normally download torrents. Since the move from BT to Vodafone DSL, it definitely has radically slowed down for me too, almost as much where I'd think about changing supplier.

Advertisement