Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco epc2425 Modem/Router Help!

Options
  • 02-12-2009 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys, i know that what im about to explain may not be such a hard thing to do for some of the people that frequently go thru this forum but i think you guys can help me make sure of something before i do it.

So, i have this new cisco epc2425 modem/router at home, but my sister was the one who opened it and installed it.. unfortunately after she setted everything up, she forgot the password and didnt wrote it down or anything to log in into the setup page that the modem/router has when i have on the IE bar http://192.168.0.1/ so now i cant log in and get into the setup section to forward or open some ports i need... now i know that if you lose a password in this sort of cases you can reboot the router on that little button on the back, but i wanted to ask you guys what would happen if i press the button for 20-30 secs , the device would reboot to factory settings and i would be able to just get in http://192.168.0.1/ and leave the password blank (as it comes for default) and just get in and do whatever i need to do, and then i can change the password again if i wanted to? is that what would happen? or im going to have maybe some other problems with the internet because of this or do i have to setup something after i reboot it before i can get back in the modem/router pages?

Well i think thats it.. if someone can help me get rid of the doubt, i would apreciate it. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

password is probably blank anyway, bu if you press the rest button for about 10 secs will re-set and should work fine.

Advertisement