Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Galway] Christmas Jumpers

Options
  • 02-12-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Where can I get tacky as hell Christmas Jumpers from in town? Need one for the 12 pubs, I'd get one online, but prefer in town. To make sure it arrives.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd say you'll be sorely disappointed as I checked last year. Got a great (/awful) one on eBay last year for about a tenner, shipped in under a week from Germany. Fully knitted, complete with tassles, patterns and bells!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

Anyone know where I can get a Christmas jumper without having to buy online?

The tackier the better!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

foto joe wrote: »
    I'd say you'll be sorely disappointed as I checked last year. Got a great (/awful) one on eBay last year for about a tenner, shipped in under a week from Germany. Fully knitted, complete with tassles, patterns and bells!

Got a link to the seller by any chance?

I just checked them and they've nothing for sale at the moment! Their username was eos1956 .

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

If someone wants to go ahead and list off all the second hand clothes shops and their locations that'd be great. I have the day off tomorrow, perfect for crappy Christmas Jumper shopping!

• Advertisement

rivalius13 wrote: »
    I have the day off tomorrow, perfect for crappy Christmas Jumper shopping!

If you've a business head on you you'd buy them all up and wait for the supply/demand ratio to tip in your favour! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,913 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

thanks to www.goldenpages.ie we have:

Oxfam Fair Trade Shop
    9 Lr Abbeygate st Galway Co. Galway

Age Action West
    25 Upr Abbeygate St Galway Co. Galway

Society of St Vincent de Paul
    Ozanam Hse Augustine st Galway Co. Galway
    shop is on Merchant's Rd

.... or if you're out a bit (though these folks are probably busy with "real" stuff post flooding)

Mrs Quin's Charity Shop in:
    Church st Athenry Galway Co. Galway
    The Square Gort Galway Co. Galway
    Dunkellin Loughrea Galway Co. Galway
    U1 Townhouse Centre Athlone Co. Galway
    Shop St Tuam Galway Co. Galway
    Society Street Ballinasloe Galway Co. Galway

I also know about:

Simon Shop in Sea Rd
    Enable Ireland in Shop St (actually High St ... or Quay St? ... whatever, you know the one I mean!)
    SPCA in St Augustine St (though I think their clothes range ain't great)

... and there's one over in Newcastle/Shantalla-ish, but I can't remember exactly where.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I searched nearly every shop in Galway when I was home at the weekend without success.

Then I got one in Dublin during the week. Urban Outfitters have a great selection of just lovely Christmas jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I searched nearly every shop in Galway when I was home at the weekend without success.

Then I got one in Dublin during the week. Urban Outfitters have a great selection of just lovely Christmas jumpers.

GAW! I was in Dublin at the weekend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cloudsteph

I'm looking for the same. Might give the charity shops like Oxfam or Enable Ireland a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

If you do a search on ebay for christmas jumper there is a load there and even a good few in Ireland so you should have it in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i saw a sign in blackrock today saying some christmas jumpers website will be at blackrock market, but i think it also said the price of them was €45 which seems a bit too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

TK Maxx have all sorts of tack and I'm sure they'd have a jumper manky enough for Christmas at a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Swarles Barkley

Make one...

I made this out of a £12 plain black jumper and £6 worth of materials. I'm not particularly creative so I'm sure you can come up with something better.

rudolph.jpg

Yeah I've looked at the online vendors and they're ridiculously priced at €40+ as well. If I had the time I'd knit one.

Popped into TK Maxx at the weekend - very little in the woolies department at all I'm afraid.

Tempted to get a big plain wooly thing in Pennys or Dunnes and stitch some decorations on to it!

OMG that's fantastic - and exactly what I'm going to do! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC -> Christmas forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

Swarles! That is brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Swarles Barkley

CallMeMiss wrote: »
    Swarles! That is brilliant!

Hehe... thanks!

I've too much time on my hands at the moment. As long I don't see either of you out in town on the 18th with a replica. People will start to doubt my handcrafted story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

TillyGirl wrote: »
    At €40 a pop.... they ain't cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

A friend of mine got his here, going to collect mine tomorrow morning, psyched, going for the one with bells on.

http://funkychristmasjumpers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thegunshow

Hi all,
    I am from Dublin and on the look out for a really vintage christmas jumper!!
    If anyone know of any stores stocking them this year can you please let me know!!
    I have looked for them online but they seem VERY pricey at 50 euro's!!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i saw one or two in a shop upstairs in stephen's green the other day. can't remember the name, it's near the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Did you try charity shops, or maybe ebay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This thread might have the answer you are looking for though Vintage might be a bit more difficult to find.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

So,
    as it turns out, all the good jumpers from funkychristmasjumpers website are gone! I checked out ebay, theres no NEW nice ones, only old filthy yokes! Any UK websites that anyones dealt with for a nice Crimbo jumper?

Cheeeeers, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lil*lady

Maybe try these guys... there's a number at the end of the page. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

Whats the type of material is this

Make one...

I made this out of a £12 plain black jumper and £6 worth of materials. I'm not particularly creative so I'm sure you can come up with something better.

rudolph.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 eveya

fair play that jumper is the bomb!! :D

Advertisement