Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using boards.ie from a mobile

Options
  • 02-12-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a problem using boards on a mobile.

A couple of months ago I had no problem posting on a thread when you would leave a thread and return to the forum, your post would appear immediately.

Now when I post there is at least a 20 - 30 minute delay on a post appearing on the thread.

This is obviously fairly frustrating when trying to follow a quick moving thread.

Any ideas anyone. Is this even the right place to post this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'm moving this to Development as it can be answered better there.

Seems like it could be a phone issue maybe?
    The mobile skin is just another skin, so it shouldnt cause that many issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Sounds like a weird client-side caching thing.

What phone are you using and what browser is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I am using a Sony Ericsson W995 with Meteor.

My mobile uploads straight away for Facebook - any notifications, comments etc.

On Boards.ie - my post might appear when I immediately leave a thread, but after looking at another thread, the post will disappear and any posts thereafter might not appear for an hour or two.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement