Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Begg on Vincent Browne right now

Options
  • 03-12-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Lies, more lies and damn lies.

It's a complete fudge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Members of ICTU fighting amongst themselves.

Looks like we have no deal

Begg explains that we will get this unpaid leave back at the end of 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we having the wool pulled over our eyes?

VB has nice new haircut, altarboyish even.

Sympathy after last nights show !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

you really need a reply so hello i am watch VB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

"70% of the private sector have not had to take a paycut"... Very good Watson, where are they??? ON DA DOLE SHERLOCK!!!

• Advertisement

Catfight..

Begg is a bit touchy tonight

Who is this teacher, he is from the Frank Spencer Academy of Economics...

Ya know what is going to be so so funny... This day next week when the unions hear they are all taking pay cuts but they called off their strike tomorrow thinking that they had it in the bag!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ah poor fionnan out on his own there tonight. To be fair begg can spin this any way he wants but he just does not seem to grasp that the country is screwed. Its quite depressing tbh.

Just as well they got the ad break in.

I wonder will Begg review the Indo tonight?!

Interesting headlines.

We are closer to street riots than ever before, or worse again, even a general election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Darragh29 wrote: »
    "70% of the private sector have not had to take a paycut"... Very good Watson, where are they??? ON DA DOLE SHERLOCK!!!

70% of the private sector are on the dole?

Source please.

Ya know what is going to be so so funny... This day next week when the unions hear they are all taking pay cuts but they called off their strike tomorrow thinking that they had it in the bag!!!!!

Don't worry, we already figured that out yesterday evening.

Is the bearded one sulking ?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    ah poor fionnan out on his own there tonight. .

I'm sure he can look forward to a lucrative career as government press secretary sometime in the future for all his good work on behalf of Fianna Fail and IBEC.

It must be a small comfort.

dresden8 wrote: »
    70% of the private sector are on the dole?

Source please.

To say that 70% of the workforce have not had to take a pay cut when 423,000 of people who used to be part of that workforce until they recently lost their jobs, is an absolute outrage.

If you take the number of people who have taken pay cuts, who are on short working weeks AND those who have lost their jobs, you'll get your 70% or close enough to it.

Unfortunately those in the public sector are living in a parallel universe so there is no point in me saying how hard those in the private sector have it....

To say that 70% of the workforce have not had to take a pay cut when 423,000 of people who used to be part of that workforce until they recently lost their jobs, is an absolute outrage.

If you take the number of people who have taken pay cuts, who are on short working weeks AND those who have lost their jobs, you'll get your 70% or close enough to it.

Unfortunately those in the public sector are living in a parallel universe so there is no point in me saying how hard those in the private sector have it....

I don't believe you.

Numbers and sources please.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

I don't believe you.

How's life in the public sector dresden8?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yep, wage costs are coming down in the Private Sector due to the other 30% taking pay and hour cuts, redundancies and increasing productivity.

So, if the public servants want no pay cuts, that's how you do it.

Just hurry up and decide who loses their job.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

bcirl03 wrote: »
    How's life in the public sector dresden8?

Morale is through the floor.

We're up to our tits in work and we're sick of being the scapegoats for the banks and FF.

We're fncking pissed off we've take a paycut while banks have gotten a payrise.

We're pissed off that FF is claiming the civil service is overstaffed and paid too much while ministers bring in their constituency hangers on to photo-copy at relatively senior levels while slagging the rest of us off.

We're pissed off that the unions are being taken for saps by FF and making us all look thick as fnck.

Apart from that everything is rosy, especially the shopping in Newry, and more especially since we have the monopoly on it. (Allegedly)

Thanks for asking.

Anyway back to the original question

I don't believe you.

You keep on entrenching yourself and carrying on like an Ulster Unionist, acting in an intransigent mannerm ignoring the reality around you, asking for something on an offical looking bit of paper before you will discuss something.

How you can insult people who are unemployed and living on 204 Euro a week by just disregarding the ULTIMATE pay cut that those people have had to take, while turning your nose up in the air at me while asking for official statistics and sources for what the rest of us know is the fu*king bleeding obvious, is a disgrace. You ought to hang your head in shame, then and again, I know you are living on some parallel universe than the rest of us. You live in a world where change is obstructed and used as a bargaining tool for more money, then when you get the money, you still don't deliver the goods...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We're up to our tits in work and we're sick of being the scapegoats for the banks and FF.

We're pissed off that FF is claiming the civil service is overstaffed and paid too much while ministers bring in their constituency hangers on to photo-copy at relatively senior levels while slagging the rest of us off.

We're pissed off that the unions are being taken for saps by FF and making us all look thick as fnck.

Apart from that everything is rosy, especially the shopping in Newry, and more especially since we have the monopoly on it. (Allegedly)

Thanks for asking.

Much like the private sector then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You keep on entrenching yourself and carrying on like an Ulster Unionist, acting in an intransigent mannerm ignoring the reality around you, asking for something on an offical looking bit of paper before you will discuss something.

How you can insult people who are unemployed and living on 204 Euro a week by just disregarding the ULTIMATE pay cut that those people have had to take, while turning your nose up in the air at me while asking for official statistics and sources for what the rest of us know is the fu*king bleeding obvious, is a disgrace. You ought to hang your head in shame, then and again, I know you are living on some parallel universe than the rest of us. You live in a world where change is obstructed and used as a bargaining tool for more money, then when you get the money, you still don't deliver the goods...

So, that's a no on the numbers and sources then.

K-9 wrote: »
    Much like the private sector then.

Yes apart from the fact that all the public sector have taken a paycut while all the private sector haven't.

So, that's a no on the numbers and sources then.

You make me sick. Do you not have any people in your circle of friends of family who have lost jobs??? How can you be so indifferent to the hardship that many people are suffering??? Do you only accept they are unemployed if they take out their benefit book and let you examine it???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

More like 200,000. The live register wasn't exactly a blank sheet of paper before the recession began, it had plenty of leeches and genuinely unemployed even in the good times.

Do you not have any people in your circle of friends of family who have lost jobs???

Yes
    How can you be so indifferent to the hardship that many people are suffering???

I'm not.
    Do you only accept they are unemployed if they take out their benefit book and let you examine it???

No.

Now, numbers and sources please. Or else feel free to retract.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Thanks for asking.

And back to your ban again, too. This time permanently. Lodge an appeal in the usual place.

moderately annoyed,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

You make me sick. Do you not have any people in your circle of friends of family who have lost jobs??? How can you be so indifferent to the hardship that many people are suffering??? Do you only accept they are unemployed if they take out their benefit book and let you examine it???

Before you turn your IBEC invective on me, I'm private sector, self employed in Irelands "economy" (God help her).

I regularly meet with eight long term friends, two of whom are in public sector jobs. These are the only ones of the circle who have had a paycut.

The two financial guys are still looking good for the Christmas bonus. the builder has retired and lives off the rent, myself and the others are hanging on by one finger to the only government contract with any money left.

So out of eight, 75% of my circle have not taken an (enforced) paycut.

Use your vote wisely next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Thanks for asking.

Why don't you hand in your notice then & leave if your not happy with the workload, conditions & pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I missed tonight's program. Thanks, OP, for the blow-by-blow blog. I usually find Begg to be very lucid, btw..

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement