If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips SJM3152. IPod Dock With Universal remote. (Portable MP3)

Options
  • 03-12-2009 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭

just looking for some info on this item

Does it have built in speakers and can it be plugged into the wall? Very silly basic questions I know.

Or do I need my own speakers/amplifier for this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Jayob10 wrote: »
    just looking for some info on this item

Does it have built in speakers and can it be plugged into the wall? Very silly basic questions I know.

Or do I need my own speakers/amplifier for this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Jay,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The SJM3152 iPOD dock does need an external amp or TV to connect into to make it work - however it's a pretty smart unit as it has Audio outs (of course) but it has a clever 2 way RF remote that shows you the Ipod menu and allows you to control your Ipod even if you are in another room - the only thing it does not have is Video out (The instructions say it does but try as we may we just cannot seem to get it to work..:confused:) The remote is also a 6-in-1 remote so you can use it to control your TV/STB/Hi-fi etc.

We bought a chunk of these on a deal and we can do them at a Boardie special of just £29.95 / €33.99.

Keep me posted if they are of any interest and we will get you sorted??

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Thanks very much for the info John.

Would you be able to tell me where I would be able to get an amplifier to compliment this? Also how much would it cost me?

Cheers again

Jay,

no problem, our pleasure - you can use it with any Amplifier or Receiver - you will need speakers as well - something like the Teac AG790 at £149.95 coupled with the Eltax Concept Mini at just £19.95 and you are away!

Alternatively youcould just go for a decent system complete with an Ipod dock - we have a Boardie deal up and coming on the excellent Teac CRH227i which includes an IPOD dock at just £94.95 / €99.99 which will make a great buy - even if you just partner it with the Eltax as above (however it will take much better speakers!)

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

do you guys do an all in one ipod dock with speakers, and remote aswell? i'd only be looking to spend €60 so my budget is obviously restricted.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    do you guys do an all in one ipod dock with speakers, and remote aswell? i'd only be looking to spend €60 so my budget is obviously restricted.

No problem ( I do normally have an answer for everything! :P )

We have the excellent DC1010 at €54.99 (including Boardie Philips shop discount) this is a CD/ Radio / Ipod dock but does not have a remote.

We also have the AJ300 which does have remote and looks pretty smooth in high gloss black - this is €79.99 less your Boardie Philips Shop discount it comes out at €71.99

Finally (again no remote) we have the DC190 which is in a slick mirror finish and retails at €69.99 - less your Boardie Philips Shop discount it comes out at €62.99

These are all available from stock - so just drop us a line if we can help you with any of them,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Jay,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The SJM3152 iPOD dock does need an external amp or TV to connect into to make it work - however it's a pretty smart unit as it has Audio outs (of course) but it has a clever 2 way RF remote that shows you the Ipod menu and allows you to control your Ipod even if you are in another room - the only thing it does not have is Video out (The instructions say it does but try as we may we just cannot seem to get it to work..:confused:) The remote is also a 6-in-1 remote so you can use it to control your TV/STB/Hi-fi etc.

We bought a chunk of these on a deal and we can do them at a Boardie special of just £29.95 / €33.99.

Keep me posted if they are of any interest and we will get you sorted??

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I must admit, the2 way remote is a very attractive feature on this item id be very interested in this. Would this item work with 2 speakers I already have?

If not, then what would be the cheapest option for me taking into account my budget and also that I would spend €34 on this. So what would another €30-40 get me on top of this item to make it the full set if you will

any advice on my last request John??

be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Guilpin

John,

How's it goin'?

Will this dock work with a Nano 16GB on a home cinema system 5.1? The system does have audio and video in and a S-video port.

Does your Belfast branch have any of these ìn stock? If so how much are they?

Thanks a million!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guilpin

No worries re you 16gb Nano - it will work fine.
    Yoou'd just need to connect your iPod to the Audio inputs on the back of your amp.

Cheers
    Ash

Guilpin wrote: »
    John,

How's it goin'?

Will this dock work with a Nano 16GB on a home cinema system 5.1? The system does have audio and video in and a S-video port.

Does your Belfast branch have any of these ìn stock? If so how much are they?

Thanks a million!!

Guilpin,

yep loads in stock in either Dublin or Belfast..

Keep me posted if we can assist

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LiamoPiltown

Hi John

The Philips SJM3152 is £49.95 on the website . Is this the same one that you were offering a boardie special on before :)

- Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 alanokelly

Hi John,

Are these still available at this price?

Alan

Hey Alanokelly

You would appear to be in luck, I've just checked Richer Sounds stock on this item and they are showing a couple remaining at £49.95 in Belfast.

Best phone them asap on 0044 333 900 0070 and get your name down on one:)

Cheers
    Ash

Is there a boardie discount?

thats the offer price to clear
    atb
    ash

Hi Ash,

I placed an order for one last week. Now Richersounds are telling me they are unavailable. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi Alan

Sorry to hear that...

I checked with Philip this morning and these have been discontinued and there is no replacement model available.

You best bet is to have a chat with Richer as they may have an alternative solution available.

We have one last DLA99901 remaining in the shop
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dla99901_10/dla99901_10_pss_eng.pdf

This can be yours for €66.99

HAve a look at the spec and see what you think - its a little more versatile than the SJM3152

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash,

It looks good, but the display on the other one is what really sold it for me.
    I intend on keeping the ipod permanently docked to my hifi in the kitchen and could use the display as there is quite a distance involved.

Anything else around with a display?

Thanks,
    Alan

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Alanokelly.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I (Kenny) have been off for a while as my apendix had burst and needed removed very quickly :(

As Ash has mentioned the SJM3152 has now finished and been discontinued.

At the moment I can not find another Dock which has a screen built into the remote that we can source.

Have you seen anything else that may have caught your eye?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.