Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sepp Blatter Appoligises to FAI

• 03-12-2009 12:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Video

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=16884&locID=1.3

I reckon we all owe the FAI an appology for this one. This buffoon obviously took it out of context, "the request", and though advised not to he put it public. He still made us look like a shower of bloody imbeciles for the few moments he spoke. It is he who is the biggest joke.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

darkman2 wrote: »
    Video

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=16884&locID=1.3

I reckon we all owe the FAI an appology for this one. This buffoon obviously took it out of context, "the request", and though advised not to he put it public. He still made us look like a shower of bloody imbeciles for the few moments he spoke. It is he who is the biggest joke.

But its true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Can all this tedious sh*t not just go in one Superthread, rather than having loads of smaller threads about the one broad topic clogging up the front page? We have Superthreads for everything else, isn't it time for a Thierry Henry Debacle and Fallout Superthread? Please?:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Johner wrote: »
    But its true.

Not about the so called request. Maybe true about other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

flahavaj wrote: »
    Can all this tedious sh*t not just go in one Superthread, rather than having loads of smaller threads about the one broad topic clogging up the front page? We have Superthreads for everything else, isn't it time for a Thierry Henry Debacle and Fallout Superthread? Please?:mad:

How about a sub-forum: Le Hand?
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'll forgive him and end the whole rant about France if he goes around to every Irish person and gets down on the ground and kisses their toes. Not gonna happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Im really looking forward to this draw. Henry gets a one match ban and they face an oceanic team in first round.
    Btw are we officially the 33rd best team in the world even though we didn't get that that extra place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

You can take your statement Blatter and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Not a good few weeks for Gillette. First Henry and now Tiger. Wait something coming down the wire on Federer...sorry was just tennis elbow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ummm....

The FAI still asked for a 33rd place though. Blatter is apologising because it seems he didnt expect the press to make such a big deal out of it....to be honest that makes him more gullible than i thought.

It doesnt make the FAI's request any less ridiculous wether he announced it or not.

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    ummm....

The FAI still asked for a 33rd place though. Blatter is apologising because it seems he didnt expect the press to make such a big deal out of it....to be honest that makes him more gullible than i thought.

It doesnt make the FAI's request any less ridiculous wether he announced it or not.
    Yes how would have that have worked. We get a place ahead of all those who missed out on dodgy decisions in the group. A no go if you ask me

Yes how would have that have worked. We get a place ahead of all those who missed out on dodgy decisions in the group. A no go if you ask me

Simple, we have a 94 team world cup in South Africa. That way everyone who feels hard done by gets a place.

After the final we play a special showpiece game, a replay of the England V Argentina game from 86, and if england win the semi final will be played along with the final if needs be.

Its only fair isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Eirebear wrote: »
    ummm....

I'm not one to defend the FAI but apparently it wasn't an official request, it was an off the record suggestion.
    A lot of things get thrown about in meetings, it doesn't that they have to be released to the press.
    Blatter knew he wasn't supposed to mention it and only done it to take the p1ss out of the FAI in front of the World's media.
    He'd be better off getting his own house in order before he starts having pops at other football associations.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm not one to defend the FAI but apparently it wasn't an official request, it was an off the record suggestion.
    A lot of things get thrown about in meetings, it doesn't that they have to be released to the press.
    Blatter knew he wasn't supposed to mention it and only done it to take the p1ss out of the FAI in front of the World's media.
    He'd be better off getting his own house in order before he starts having pops at other football associations.
    FAI ask for a 33rd spot but ask FIFA to keep quiet about it. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Wrong thread title! He apologised to the Irish Football Association, not the Football Association of Ireland:mad: He also said at the end hes sorry that it was communicated in this way:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FAI ask for a 33rd spot but ask FIFA to keep quiet about it. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd?

no.

The FAI 'mentioned' it as one of a number of suggestions, off hand, in a wide ranging 90 meeting with FIFA. It was not officially requested of FIFA, it was not included as a request in any written correspondance. Also, the FAI didn't ask for FIFA to keep the request private - they asked (and were assured by FIFA) for the details of the private 90minute meeting to be kept private.

Blatter's handling of the situation is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well accordingly to Liam Brady it was an off the cuff remark that they believed to be not possible but ultimately confidential. And because of FIFA's lack of response to their other requests they were just trying to get them give them a proper reply. Probably a bit naive by the FAI though.
    Liam Brady wrote:
    “I was told that they went to a private, a supposedly private, meeting with Mr Blatter and officials from Fifa a couple of evenings ago,” said the former Ireland skipper. “I don’t think they believed that Mr Blatter was going to reveal what was said at the meeting. I believe they agreed that it would be confidential.

“Mr Blatter chose to talk about our request to be considered as the 33rd team. I think when we asked for that, we knew there was very little chance of that happening. (But) we asked because we wanted to have them respond in a measured way and see what they had to say. After all, Mr Blatter is responsible for the officials.

Link

hate to be fussy but mod could you correct the spelling in threat title. Doing my head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hate to be fussy but mod could you correct the spelling in threat title. Doing my head in

Appoligies, you shouldn't have to suffer poor spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Blatter to compensate Irish

"If you started to compensate teams not qualified you will have others coming to us," said Blatter

"But you are right when you see this kind of matter where the whole world has seen foul play, then maybe there could be some kind of compensation for Ireland.

"We will look at that. Yesterday Ireland withdrew their demands and they asked to meet with us and we will do that next week."

• Advertisement

Appoligies, you shouldn't have to suffer poor spelling.
    FYP
    apologies, you shouldn't have to suffer poor spelling

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

bayviewclose = the Official Mr Bean of the Soccer Forum.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    bayviewclose = the Official Mr Bean of the Soccer Forum.:pac:
    incorrect spellings a pet hate of mine Baldrick

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Not a good few weeks for Gillette. First Henry and now Tiger. Wait something coming down the wire on Federer...sorry was just tennis elbow

Can't wait to see what happens to Roger.

karma gods coming after Gillette!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

karma gods coming after Gillette!

lol ...Wait and see , Federer in the press next week :p

Advertisement