Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop

• 03-12-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Where's the cheapest place to get a laptop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

India.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

www.dell.ie/do
    I've got a few from Dell outlet for family etc and they are always fine. They come with a standard warranty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Online is where you need to go. Shop around. Currently looking for myself as my baby has finally keeled over.

I'm checking hp, toshiba and leaving dell and sony until last.

Acer might be more for you. it would help if you said what it was for. Different prices for different uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Mainly browsing the Internet watching the odd DVD playing old retro games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Decent laptop here

If shop around you might get it 20-30 bucks cheaper.

Bought one for a family member back end of last week and set it up. Lovely layout, nice screen. Only thing is it doesnt have a volume button which I found strange enough considering the price. So if you dont mind controlling the sound from your the corner of your desktop then he should fit the bill for you.

Looks the part anyway

• Advertisement

Amazon are selling an Asus laptop for £249 would that be the best deal?

Bob Z wrote: »
    Amazon are selling an Asus laptop for £249 would that be the best deal?

You need something with a decent graphics card, the link I gave has that.

Also need something that isnt going to hit a brick wall on you in a years time.

Is the Asus not a 10 inch screen, tried to look but no idea which one you are on about, link would be handy for people to view easier for you.

I'll stick by the link above, wouldnt have posted only that Ive seen it and set it up, it'll do a good job for you.

Hope you get sorted.

I can't paste a link to it because I'm typing this up on a iPhone. I found it in the bargain alert section. It's an asus eeepc 1005ha netbook(sorry I thought it was a laptop)

Do you think asus are unreliable?

I don't know anything about Asus whatsoever.

I also don't know that much about the lower range of laptops on the market.

I know Samsung are good in the laptop market, their graphics card is one of the best you can get and I think at the price of €450 you'll be getting a decent machine.

Advertisement