Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clearance Im waiting and waiting.......

Options
  • 03-12-2009 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi does anybody know how long it takes to get Garda clearance. Im waiting over 3 months. I think its crazy. So many out of work,I have a job and i cant do it:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

Euroease wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know how long it takes to get Garda clearance. Im waiting over 3 months. I think its crazy. So many out of work,I have a job and i cant do it:mad:

Hey! I think I was waiting about 4 weeks altogether. They have to request it from some office somewhere in the country. Then once it arrives they had to send it to another office in Dublin for some particular unit to sign it. I actually went down to the station after a couple of weeks and it was there and they hadn't bothered sending it on to the second place. So god knows how long I might have been waiting if I didn't go down and give them a polite nudge. 3 months is a ridiculous time to be waiting. You need to go back to them and ask

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I used to have to requested them in my Job.

they have been know to take up to 6 months, now that was 2 years ago, i am not sure of the timescales now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Euroease

Thank you for your replies My application went to Tipperary but you cant contact them they don't answer their phones and according to the company i am hired with if they answered the would not speak to me anyway as they only speak to the company who requests it on my behalf. I have spoken to my local garda station no help there. i have also spoken to a local politician with no result. Its is ridiculous I was hired in early September. Who did you politely nudge exactly. What station did you go to? was it a Garda Station? Pray Tell Before I go nuts.

Advertisement