Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swr

Options
  • 03-12-2009 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hi all, was just checking the swr on my cb and after checkin channels 1 19 and 40 all had same reading about 3.5. I know i was close to power line and my house as well so might have interfered with result, but if i check it again in the open and the results are the same. Will it damage my radio in anyway, i have a 5ft stinger aerial and all the connections are good, so how could i reduce it. any help i would appreciate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bmw316

your swr will not be affected by the power lines your problem is a the antenna or a short in the coax eg water.

Your house or power lines overhead will not affect it that much to be honest as your using a 5ft stinger.
    freecb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bobcat1968

have to agree, definately a short in your coax, if its through your door it can be pinched when the door closes so try re route it under the rubber strip. Also check the mag base to see if there is rust. If using a linear amp tighten the patch lead pl plugs.

Advertisement