Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

END TIMES

Options
  • 03-12-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

This headless government (and preceding ones) has destroyed everything.

With NAMA signed off and the idiots desperately trying to cutback 4 billion which is 1/2 of next years interest bill, this country has now gone past the point of no return.

We cannot cope with disasters now, services are falling apart, the banks and a record number of businesses are failing, how many more will be unemployed next year. How much more will they have to borrow?

I think the time has come for us to enjoy ourselves while we have a semblence of a society left and prepare for the fact that things are going to get awful in the future.

Think of the consequences of 1 million unemployed.
    Large communities flooded for longer periods of time.
    Food Supply chain disruption.
    Energy and water supply disruption.

I can see 3 or 4 families living together in the next 10 years communally because they have to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

rohatch wrote: »
    I can see 3 or 4 families living together in the next 10 years communally because they have to.
    whatever it takes the help the PS keep their pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

how many more will be unemployed next year.

Not many more than now, thankfully. The unemployment rate has largely stabilised.

Yeah, right. All of this in Ireland, the place with the large proportion unoccupied houses in Europe and resumed emigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

ardmacha wrote: »
    Not many more than now, thankfully. The unemployment rate has largely stabilised.

In my hoop it has!!! The figures are being massaged by putting unemployed people on FAS training programs and by having tens of thousands of people unable to sign on the live register because there are several months of a backlog for people trying to sign on. You can put as many people into training as you want, but if you are not creating jobs for these people when their training is up, then you are wasting your money training them...

Also, how many people are leaving the country now and emmigrating???

People need to wake up if they think we are not falling deeper and deeper into the abyss here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Darragh29 wrote: »
    In my hoop it has!!! The figures are being massaged by putting unemployed people on FAS training programs and by having tens of thousands of people unable to sign on the live register because there are several months of a backlog for people trying to sign on. You can put as many people into training as you want, but if you are not creating jobs for these people when their training is up, then you are wasting your money training them...

Also, how many people are leaving the country now and emmigrating???

People need to wake up if they think we are not falling deeper and deeper into the abyss here.
    and those in the past 6 months made redundant who got a severage package but have to wait 6 months before signing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Plus those who were made unemployed in the last 2 years whose benefits have run out & due to means testing are not entitled to the dole, or the self employed whose businesses have collapsed. etc etc

Bottom line is - the live register is just a count of the number of people recieving the dole & NOT the number of people unemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Well, it's always nice to see a bit of eschatological hysteria.

amused,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 3House

Scofflaw wrote: »
    eschatological

Had to look that up. I agree :) 1 million unemployed. 10 to a house get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

But...I thought the world was going to end in 2012?

Advertisement