Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swine Flu has Mutated. Over 300 dead in Ukraine.

• 03-12-2009 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Seems the swine flue has mutated and not a mention of it in the mainstream news. Why? Before you say dont believe everything you read on the internet there are now over 300 dead in Ukraine.

http://thebirdflupandemic.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

that link refers to this one http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/health/28flu.html?_r=1
    my emphasis
    Experts Say Swine Flu Mutations Do Not Warrant New Alarm
    One isolate from Ukraine with the mutation had changed so that swine flu vaccine probably would not protect against it well, Britain’s national medical laboratory reported Friday.

Flus mutate so fast, Dr. Fukuda cautioned, that announcing each change is “like reporting changes in the weather.”
    Flu mutates , otherwise we wouldn't to give out flu jabs every year

if you want a conspiracy find out what is happening to the vaccine to prevent plaque on teeth , a major factor in heart disease ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Owen101 wrote: »
    Before you say dont believe everything you read on the internet there are now over 300 dead in Ukraine.

Are there?

May I ask your source? WHO's daily report, as of December 2, had nowhere near that figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Again I was chatting to a friend of mine from Clare last week, his wife and teenage stepdaughter are Ukrainian, their reaction to my query about mutant swine flu rampant in the Ukraine was "Huh?" Apparently this terrifying plague is so bad that, no one, not her daughter's father, or her grandmother, has bothered to mention it once in their weekly phone calls.

My friend, his wife, and new daughter's major concern were rising water levels and finding a spot their pregnant cat would be comfortable in.

One of the predominate news stories that feed this claim about a terrifying mutated strain of swine flu in Ukraine is Russia Today. Russia Today is funded by the Russian State and is nothing more than state propaganda. Considering how the Kremlin is still annoyed by the Ukraine siding with Georgia during the recent conflict, you cannot be surprised that the former USSR is attacking the Ukraine in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Owen101

Thanks for the update & confirmation Diogenes. Makes sense what you're saying re Russia Today. Looks like its all pure fabrication then by the sounds of it.

Advertisement