Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Tutor - Dundalk

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get some proper lessons and maybe get some grades in guitar if anyone knows a good teacher who can provide the tuition, cheers!

(ps - im also looking for a good piano teacher, i stopped at grade 1 ten years ago and am dyin to start again now im older and wiser!)

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

..or give me more details ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wooly84

hi i live in dundalk and im really finding it hard to get a good guitar tutor any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Grades? In guitar?:confused: are you wanting to learn classical guitar?

Guitar Lessons for beginners @ Stephenstown Pond every Tuesday (starts this week). Classes limited to ensure individual tuition. Classes by local musicians Shane & Roddy McCollum. Phone Shane @ 0872351480 or Roddy on 087-2765859 to reserve a place

just found the above on FB. Might be of interest to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 wooly84

hi cheers man its more private tuition i wanted to learn keys and scales and things like that cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lessons are usually advertised in the local papers classifieds. Seen lessons advertised in this weeks Leader

wooly84 wrote: »
    hi cheers man its more private tuition i wanted to learn keys and scales and things like that cheers

thats why I think the boys have limited places as they say ''to ensure individual tutition'' I've taught guitar in this manner before and I can say that all my students each were given a lot of time for their individual tuition and learned chords and scales in the process.

Whatever you do, dont go to the kind of tutor who teaches you a chord and then a nirvana riff just to keep you interested and coming back. Go to the teacher who will be stern with you and give you a hard time, you'll learn more that way, my dad was like that with me when I began guitar at 7yr old and it did me no harm. :D

You can also teach yourself and there are many books that accompany dvds with them on beginner guitar it would be cheaper for you in the end.

Jammy.

Advertisement