Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports bets cancelled?!!!

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey, I know this is just poker but I had a bet on one of the big I-poker sites(won't name just yet), the bet was over €200 a nice healthy return, and I go to nba.com to see how my team(mavericks in the basketball) are doing; 103-76 points up in the 3rd quarter, and I log into my account to see my bet has been cancelled...

The bet had gone through(over the phone, I rang this in!!!!), I have numbers of the bets made along with screen shots. Surely this is not allowed once the bet is gone through?

I went out after I placed my bet and it went through the system, I log in after going out with friends to see that my bet is cancelled and I go onto support to say that their system had displayed the wrong odds so my bet was cancelled. Does anyone else think this is very annoying or should I just let it go as everyone seems to be scum nowadays?

chat:
    took out personal whinging(most of it) and here is summary:

will54321: since when is it allowed that you can cancel a bet after the customer has made it
    Host: If there is an obvious error, which there was in this match, we have a right to rectify any obvious errors.
    will54321: I got a tip that the mavericks were going to win on the handicap
    will54321: so i bet on it
    will54321: and i come on after going out with friends
    will54321: to see them 27 points up
    will54321: and my bets were cancelled
    Host: Please refer to your emails
    will54321: i rang your site
    will54321: and placed the bet
    will54321: OVER THE PHONE
    will54321: if there was such an error
    will54321: then your customer support that i was talking to in person would have said
    will54321: it honestly just seems like you thought you were going to lose money so you just screwed me over
    will54321: personal opinion
    will54321: if there was an obvious error why was i not told over the phone
    will54321: no call, nothing. just an email at 12 at night presuming I would be online
    Host: I don't think it would be viable to ring customer's at 12 midnight. The email was sent to the address that you have registered with us. Also I'd like to inform you that we reserve the right to rectify obvious errors as per our terms and conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What was the mistake, the handicap was +50 instead of +5 or something ridiculous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Michael D

handicap was +7 instead of -7, I was told to put money on mavericks on the handicap, so i had it in a trixie with 2 others around the same odds which have both(almost) come in. even -7 coasted to victory with them being ahead by more than 7 points from middle of the 2nd and it was never even close.
    2nd time I've gotten screwed out of money in the last 2 days(b2b actually gave me the worst ever experience with an online poker site in 4 years, small money but horrible horrible management), getting very sick of online poker sites at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah you wont get paid on a mistake like that anywhere unless its in a shop and the cashier is retarded, they always cover themselves in event of those kind of errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They are completely within their rights to do this.
    The infomation displayed was incorrect. So the bet was cancelled, this happens the whole time.

They obviously can't change the bet to the correct HC/odds, so there is no other option. This happens live as well as online. It's annoying, but get over it, next time BBV etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Michael D

Mellor wrote: »
    They are completely within their rights to do this.
    The infomation displayed was incorrect. So the bet was cancelled, this happens the whole time.

They obviously can't change the bet to the correct HC/odds, so there is no other option. This happens live as well as online. It's annoying, but get over it, next time BBV etc

honestly didn't know this, I have only started getting into sports betting in the last 2 months and this is the first time it happened. I didn't even notice the +7, if I would have taken the few hundo from my neteller and thrown it on and covered myself elsewhere. Just didn't think this was common practice is all, cheers. Can be locked/deleted mods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

If u done a trixie the whole bet will not be cancelled, just that one selection so asumin both the other two win you will get some sort of return as it will be counted as a non runner.

So assuming u did a €50 trixie at odds of 10-11 each u will still get €555.37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

Very standard for them to void....altho most firms will issue a free bet of some stake...

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

You'll also probably be marked up as a suspect customer now, may have an effect on how much you can get on in future. If you back another of these ricks most Irish bookies are likely to close you or reduce you to ridiculously low stakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

happened me a few years ago, woods mistakenly listed as 25-1 for a pga tournie. few hrs later the odds were changed on the bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

check their rules and make sure that it should be void - they may say that the bet is placed at the correct handicap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

as said above, if there was a a problem with odds on one selection then 2 winners and a non runner (or void) should have been the outcome.

Advertisement