Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3GS 32GB or HTC Hero?

• 03-12-2009 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

i want to get a new phone..iv narrowed my choice down to these two. i am willing to pay the price for each of them. i know the htc is 390eur in meteor and the iphone is 609eur in 02. and they can be got cheaper online. does anyone have either of these phones and know a bit about them or be able to point me in the right direction?opinions and thoughts please. cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lukiej wrote: »
    want to get a new phone..any opinions on which is better?

Define better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

give more constructive post bud. As the title of thread and question inside are... different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

iPhone for music, games and simplicity..... HTC for everything else really.

Am I right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not much the hero does better than the iPhone to be honest. Does a lot as good as though. Both great phones and a matter of personal preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

I'm sure you've tought of it, but I went for the N97.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

How does the browser compare between the two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The thing with the iPhone is that you are stuck with the one Internet broswer and MP3/Video Player. This isn't neccessarily a bad thing as I find Safari and all the iPhone apps a joy to use. With the Hero/Android you can download different browsers and MP3/Video players.

Personally, I would get an iPhone over a Hero but a Hero would definitly be my second choice. The iPhone has thousands of Apps available and is more music and video orientated than the Hero. But Meteor offers the Hero for extremely cheap on great price plans when you compare it to O2. O2's crazy pricing has lead me to get a Hero.

Advertisement