Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where The Bloody Hell Are Ya??

Options
  • 03-12-2009 9:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Well, seeing as how we're askin these sort of questions with Polls today I thought it might be intertestin to see where most of the people are so I've made a poll.

I put City and State in the same field for Australia as most of us live in or around the state capitals.
    but if you live in the Outback please say where.

I know naff all about NZ except they have it split into 3 Islands imaginitvley titled
    North Island
    South Island
    Tha Bug Wist Eyland :)

and I hear rumors that there are lurkers from the Pacific islands, and hey the way things are going some of us might be posting from Gitmo2 Christmas Island in the new year :eek:

And for some background to the thread title

Original Aussie ad with Lara Bingle

Much Funnier Kiwi Version

Where are you? 38 votes

Adelaide - SA
    0%
    Brisbane - QLD
    2%
    Stones85 1 vote
    Canberra -ACT
    21%
    VorsprungMahatma coatpaxounreggdTirEoghainmise23Mr BenevolentTraq 8 votes
    Darwin - NT
    0%
    Hobart - TAS
    2%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    Melbourne - VIC
    2%
    JONJO THE MISER 1 vote
    Perth - WA
    31%
    DocCiaranCThe Sweeperthe deeThe_B_ManSkittlebraushamblertineWinterv.e.r.b.a.lm@cc@brendansmithNumber_8 12 votes
    Sydney - NSW
    7%
    38141Xavi6kazza90210 3 votes
    NZ - North Island
    18%
    husseyDerek BMellorseamy_orrCoileach deargmandrake04rebel333 7 votes
    NZ - South Island
    7%
    pclancydeaddonkeyDelorian 3 votes
    Pacific Islands
    5%
    jankClaasman 2 votes
    Other - please specify
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Im in a small backwater town called Kununurra, famous for.............dunno really. Lake argyle is close with the diamond mines. Here until the end of January so I can save enough to go traveling again. Can't wait to hit the east coast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

NZ - South Island
    Auckland, flew in from dublin 3 days ago. made some friends here but I won't stick around, I want to head out of town soon. It's nice though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Canberra -ACT
    Kuntynurra have you been there for a while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Townsville!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Number_8

Perth - WA
    writetojd wrote: »
    Im in a small backwater town called Kununurra, famous for.............dunno really. Lake argyle is close with the diamond mines. Here until the end of January so I can save enough to go traveling again. Can't wait to hit the east coast!!!

I picked in Kununurra from mid April to early August. I'd say the heat there now is almost unbearable! Had some great fridays after work sitting in the water in Ivanhoe crossing with an esky full of ice cold beer, freshwater crocs basking on the rocks around us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Perth - WA
    Melbourne, Victoria for me. Been here just over a year now. We'll be here for a few more years yet methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Perth - WA
    Just moved to Melbourne from Hobart.

Kuntynurra have you been there for a while ?

Been here since June. Was here to get my 2nd year visa but found out you get a big tax break if you work in a regional area for 6 months. Looking forward to leaving but stuck here for the meantime.

Number_8 wrote: »
    I picked in Kununurra from mid April to early August. I'd say the heat there now is almost unbearable! Had some great fridays after work sitting in the water in Ivanhoe crossing with an esky full of ice cold beer, freshwater crocs basking on the rocks around us.

I did my first Ivanhoe crosing at 3am in the back of a 4x4 with a bad driver. Was good though. Cant go sitting in the water for too long now there are reports of a few salties. And yes the heat is unbearable, 42 the last few days with high humidity. So glad I'm working inside with air-con. Got my 2nd year so dont have to slog it out in the field paddock

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

writetojd wrote: »
    I'm the Pilbara, 5 hours drive from anything else!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Canberra -ACT
    Well the results are a bit surprising at the moment.

I had expected it to be Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, but at the mo its Melbourne in the lead.

And the Utter Shock of 2 other people who have lived in Kunnunurra :eek:

Come on KNX!! :D

Advertisement