Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is Fcukin' Great

• 03-12-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

:D:D:DI think living in Ireland is the fcuking the dogs and a great place to Live, Not too hot, not too cold, beautiful sceanery, great new roads (thank you europe;)), great social wellfare, pubs, Soccer team (unlucky boys), Rugby Team (roll on the World Cup), Munster, Leinster, music, Literature, history, low income tax, minimum wage, peace in N.I., rainbows, shamrocks, Guinness, castles, free speech, bacon and cabbage, women, long summer nights, family, friends, Polish, Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........
    The list goes on, feel free to add your own:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Pass whatever it is you're smoking over here. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Pass whatever it is you're smoking over here. ;)

Maybe Prozac would be better for you.

Good post OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Twin-go wrote: »
    Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........

admit it, you were just running out of ideas at this point, weren't you....

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

:D:D:DI think Ireland in a fcuking the dogs and a great place to Live, Not too hot, not too cold, beautiful sceanery, great new roads (thank you europe;)), great social wellfare, pubs, Soccer team (unlucky boys), Rugby Team (roll on the World Cup), Munster, Leinster, music, litriature, history, low income tax, minimum wage, peace in N.I., rainbows, shamrocks, Guinness, castles, free speech, bacon and cabbage, women, long summer nights, family, friends, Polish, Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........

Here here,

Its only when you live in other so called better places to live that you realise Ireland has it all (almost, id like 4 seasons).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

the HSE

oh no wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Grainne Seoige, boards.ie and Grainne Seoige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

^^^ ah FOR GOD SAKE Iolar , Why did u have to put that in there.

I mean this had started some positive thinking and u go and ruin my minds eye with that .............Now im stuck with that image in my head for the rest of the frakin day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

rednik wrote: »
    Grainne Seoige

...looks like a tranny and sounds like a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Jeff Albertson

Yeah "litriature" definitly doos it fr me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ireland is easily one of the most horrible places in the world

if it were full of decent irish people itd be fine, but the scum are reproducing at an alarming rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I think Ireland in a fvcking the dogs too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Travelled much OP?

Taxes are low. Let's keep it that way. Not looking at anyone in particular, but Public Service people - what the fu*k are you thinking?
    Irish language - oldest vernacular in Western Europe
    G.A.A. - biggest amateur sports organization in the world
    Burren - artic and alpine flowers growing side by side
    Phoenix Park - Biggest urban park in Europe
    You can cycle from the centre of its largest city to country lanes in a half hour.
    Sea never goes below 9.5 degrees even in the depths of winter.
    Low degrees of separation between people, a short chat makes the connection.

Has its troubles now and then, but a grand little island all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Gotta agree with Twin-go. Ireland is great, with it's 40 coats and 50 pockets - or was that 40 shades of green?

Sure it has it's faults, but which country doesn't? I love Ireland, and am proud as punch to be Irish, wouldn't want to be from anywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

:D:D:DI think Ireland in a fcuking the dogs and a great place to Live, Not too hot, not too cold, beautiful sceanery, great new roads (thank you europe;)), great social wellfare, pubs, Soccer team (unlucky boys), Rugby Team (roll on the World Cup), Munster, Leinster, music, litriature, history, low income tax, minimum wage, peace in N.I., rainbows, shamrocks, Guinness, castles, free speech, bacon and cabbage, women, long summer nights, family, friends, Polish, Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........

Why the turn around? yesterday it was sh!t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Problem with Ireland is that we have a public service and have to pay them wages. I don't think other countries have public services, we should get rid of ours and save a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Problem with Ireland is that we have a public service and have to pay them wages. I don't think other countries have public services, we should get rid of ours and save a fortune.

Here, have a new one:

http://9tutorials.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/162.jpg

OT, Ireland's a great place but just has some miserable people who don't want to find joy in anything.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

:D:D:DI think living in Ireland is the fcuking the dogs and a great place to Live, Not too hot, not too cold, beautiful sceanery, great new roads (thank you europe;)), great social wellfare, pubs, Soccer team (unlucky boys), Rugby Team (roll on the World Cup), Munster, Leinster, music, Literature, history, low income tax, minimum wage, peace in N.I., rainbows, shamrocks, Guinness, castles, free speech, bacon and cabbage, women, long summer nights, family, friends, Polish, Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........

It's great if you earn ~ 30k/year have no ambition and spend most of your free time in front of a TV or drinking alcohol.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I like Ireland, and I'm happy to be Irish. Yeah sure it has it's problems, but go live anywhere else and you'll find problems too. Maybe not the same problems but they have them nonetheless.

All i know is, there are much much worse countries to live and we should appreciate the positive things about this little island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is what it is, and that's all I have to say on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Here here,

Its only when you live in other so called better places to live that you realise Ireland has it all (almost, id like 4 seasons).

you spent time iin korea too??? man they love their four seasons there!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It'd be a great little country if only you could put a roof on it :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Taste like crab, walk like people...crab people crab people.

OP well done you.

You should have put it in the Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows forum. Grumpalumps aren't allowed in there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

JEDWARD!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Oh my Lola. lo lo-lo-lo-Lola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Trekmad wrote: »

Bipolar

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

Garlic Cheese Chips...oh ya....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Iolar wrote: »
    Mary Harneys love handles :eek:

not funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

john47832 wrote: »
    Bipolar

Yes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Red heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

john47832 wrote: »
    Bipolar

How dare you! No!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭HermitHorace

plus the added bonus of finding some remote island off the coast of Africa, land on the beach, meet the locals and you'll always find some sunburnt Paddy amongst them

• Advertisement

Pete4779 wrote: »
    It's great if you earn ~ 30k/year have no ambition and spend most of your free time in front of a TV or drinking alcohol.......

Ambition? That is easily fixed. I refer you Sir to this sage tale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

King crisps - g'wan ya good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Oh my Lola. lo lo-lo-lo-Lola.

That's another for the 'hidden meaning' thread.

And don't be dissing the Seoige .. the woman is a goddess I tell ya, not a man in a dress :mad:

Tis Miriam O'Callaghan you's must be thinking of ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I love Ireland, it is without doubt the best country in the world. Im currently stuck in Aus which is too hot, the food is crap, internet access is 10 years behind the rest of the world, there have no sense of humour and the drink sucks and is far too expensive.
    Give me dear old Ireland any day, i love the rain:) we have great food great pints of guinness, great sense of humour, beautiful countryside, the list goes on and on, GOD SAVE IRELAND:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I love Ireland, it is without doubt the best country in the world. Im currently stuck in Aus which is too hot, the food is crap, internet access is 10 years behind the rest of the world, there have no sense of humour and the drink sucks and is far too expensive.
    Give me dear old Ireland any day, i love the rain:) we have great food great pints of guinness, great sense of humour, beautiful countryside, the list goes on and on, GOD SAVE IRELAND:).

Were you not on here bitching about Ireland a few months ago before leaving for Aus?

• Advertisement

I was the same when I was over there. Couldn't believe how hyped it is and what a craphole it actually is.
    Ireland pwns australia. But then so does everywhere I have been other than Australia.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Brendan Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nedoo

Got to agree, a great place. I am lucky enough that it has provided me with a stunning wife, great friends, enough challenges to keep me interested, good education, a beautiful home, an open mind, a great reputation that follows us around the world, top class food and drink, clean water(for most!), opportunities if you go looking for them and an ability to laugh at ourselves. Life is good. What a feel good thread, thanks OP.

I was the same when I was over there. Couldn't believe how hyped it is and what a craphole it actually is.
    Ireland pwns australia. But then so does everywhere I have been other than Australia.

I keep reading this and I'm still confussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Only down side to this country is the amount of rain we have, i love it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Trekmad wrote: »
    i bet OP just scored last night :pac:

man man

I keep reading this and I'm still confussed.

Australia sucks is the main bulletpoint to take from that particular presentation. :D

Australia sucks is the main bulletpoint to take from that particular presentation. :D

Yeh, sorry bout that, was having a bit of a blonde moment, I was reading it as Ireland is better than everywhere you've been other than Australia which just made the first part make zero sense.

Duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Magnus wrote: »
    It is what it is, and that's all I have to say on the subject.

That's some Blue Sky Thinking right there....Going Forward...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

You should really enjoy it while you're down there. The weather is amazing, they have amazing countryside that can be availed of nearly all the time because of the weather too.
    The drink is cheaper than here. Supermarkets are cheaper than here. I was earning more there than I am here for an easier job (even with the exchange rate), and I've become a public hate figure here because the government employs me! The people are alright. I don't know where you're eating if you think the food is crap because the meat and veg there seemed of a better quality for me. The fish and seafood blows Ireland out of the water.
    This isn't an attack on Ireland but Australia is a fantastic place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement