Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is Fcukin' Great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    You should really enjoy it while you're down there. The weather is amazing, they have amazing countryside that can be availed of nearly all the time because of the weather too.
    The drink is cheaper than here. Supermarkets are cheaper than here. I was earning more there than I am here for an easier job (even with the exchange rate), and I've become a public hate figure here because the government employs me! The people are alright. I don't know where you're eating if you think the food is crap because the meat and veg there seemed of a better quality for me. The fish and seafood blows Ireland out of the water.
    This isn't an attack on Ireland but Australia is a fantastic place.

Why do you feel the need to tell everyone your profession of your employer?
    Dont go around telling everywhere where you work and things will be peachy again!!!

Havent been to Australia myself, but anyone I have ever spoken to who has say its completely over rated other than the weather!!

And sure we're Irish we'd burn and peel or turn into one large freckle.

God Save Ireland indeed.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

whycliff wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to tell everyone your profession of your employer?
    Dont go around telling everywhere where you work and things will be peachy again!!!

Havent been to Australia myself, but anyone I have ever spoken to who has say its completely over rated other than the weather!!

And sure we're Irish we'd burn and peel or turn into one large freckle.

God Save Ireland indeed.:D

Well all my friends and people who know me know what I do, and I made some points on this website in which I "came out" as a Public Servant. It's not like I wear a t-shirt...

Who are these people who people say over-rate Australia?
    And I don't burn I go a nice bronzed colour thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Well all my friends and people who know me know what I do, and I made some points on this website in which I "came out" as a Public Servant. It's not like I wear a t-shirt...

Who are these people who people say over-rate Australia?
    And I don't burn I go a nice bronzed colour thank you very much!

Mates of mine who have been to Australia and have since returned say its over rated, would you like names??

Eh you are one of the lucky few that tan.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Completely over-rated.
    If you wanna go get pissed on a beach with a bunch of Irish people just go to ballybunion. It's cheaper and you don't have to fly for ten years to get there.

Completely over-rated.
    If you wanna go get pissed on a beach with a bunch of Irish people just go to ballybunion. It's cheaper and you don't have to fly for ten years to get there.

well just because that's what you did there doesn't mean we all did that. It's a shame you all didn't make the most of your time down there.

Mates of mine who have been to Australia and have since returned say its over rated, would you like names??

Well a few of your friends' views shouldn't change your opinion of a country bigger than europe really...

well just because that's what you did there doesn't mean we all did that. It's a shame you all didn't make the most of your time down there.

I did a lot down there. Not as much as others but a lot of touring. Just too expensive, not fun, and completely eclipsed by every other back packer destination I hit up. Different strokes but I hated it. From touring around to working there. Had a great job, penthouse apartment all that jazz. Just hated it from day one. Delighted to be back. And I have lived in a number of places. Just would never go back there.

Just hated it from day one. Delighted to be back. And I have lived in a number of places. Just would never go back there.

Well, I can't see any reason why you would hate it, you obviously didn't have a good time there. I just loved the weather and the lifestyle and thought the people were friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Well, I can't see any reason why you would hate it, you obviously didn't have a good time there. I just loved the weather and the lifestyle and thought the people were friendly.

Jesus the chap as already said HE didnt like it and your point of its great isnt going to change his mind.

Different strokes for different folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    ...looks like a tranny and sounds like a man

Ah sure we wouldn't be bothering too much about clothes and she won't be doing a lot of talking.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'm gonna throw Lyons tea and Dustin in there.

On the subject of Oz there's something extremely creepy about that country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm gonna throw Lyons tea and Dustin in there.

That's all the witches and munchkins...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

I'm gonna throw BARRYS tea and Dustin in there.

Fixed that for ya Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This is a total load of BOLLOX of a thread.

We'll see how ye all feel about Ireland being a great place in 6 days time when this
    bunch of inept gobshytes call the Government take more money out of your wallet!

let the barrage of erronious muck comments follow...like I care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Twin-go wrote: »
    :D:D:DI think living in Ireland is the fcuking the dogs and a great place to Live, Not too hot, not too cold, beautiful sceanery, great new roads (thank you europe;)), great social wellfare, pubs, Soccer team (unlucky boys), Rugby Team (roll on the World Cup), Munster, Leinster, music, Literature, history, low income tax, minimum wage, peace in N.I., rainbows, shamrocks, Guinness, castles, free speech, bacon and cabbage, women, long summer nights, family, friends, Polish, Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........
    The list goes on, feel free to add your own:D:D:D

Yes. Fuck the begrudgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

topper75 wrote: »
    Low degrees of separation between people, a short chat makes the connection.

Well said

We'll see how ye all feel about Ireland being a great place in 6 days time when this
    bunch of inept gobshytes call the Government take more money out of your wallet!

Our government may be shite but our country does not have to be judged on their failings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i think your lost. the other thread is over there --->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Until you live in another country for at least 4-6 months+ (bare minimum) you will realize Ireland is a great country to live in and not this ****e corrupt country everyone seems to label it who have never lived elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I miss home!

I miss the mild, temperate weather. I miss the people, the food, I even miss TG4! I miss temple bar and the streets awash with vomit and urine(honestly, I do!). I miss Stephens green on a summer day, and being able to drive for a relatively short amount of time and being in the country. I miss the diverse accents and lifestyles!

I've been gone for 2 years now, I'd be home if it wasn't for the stupid recession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Helix wrote: »
    ireland is easily one of the most horrible places in the world

if it were full of decent irish people itd be fine, but the scum are reproducing at an alarming rate

Try living in the UK.... it's overun with scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Iolar wrote: »
    Mary Harneys love handles :eek:

The sharp, imaginative and original wit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Our government may be shite but our country does not have to be judged on their failings :)

but it is.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I love the way its such a small world in Ireland. I've lost track of all the people I've met on nights out where you meet a total randomer who ends up being best friends with someone you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Wind chill factor bad, most everything else is great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

rednik wrote: »
    Grainne Seoige
    --Kaiser-- wrote: »
    ...looks like a tranny and sounds like a man

The one thing that's fairly obvious here is that Kaiser would fcuk a tranny that sounds like a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hunky Dory Cheese N Onion!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

:D:D:DI think living in Ireland is the fcuking the dogs and a great place to Live, Not too hot, not too cold, beautiful sceanery, great new roads (thank you europe;)), great social wellfare, pubs, Soccer team (unlucky boys), Rugby Team (roll on the World Cup), Munster, Leinster, music, Literature, history, low income tax, minimum wage, peace in N.I., rainbows, shamrocks, Guinness, castles, free speech, bacon and cabbage, women, long summer nights, family, friends, Polish, Ryanair, Micheal O'Leary, Late Late Toy show.........
    The list goes on, feel free to add your own:D:D:D

Substitute "Ireland" for "America". Enter the above list instead of the list in the last verse of the song....You'd get the most reluctant "**** yeah..." after Leinster and Michael O' Leary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

I think living in Ireland is the fcuking dogs

what does this phrase mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

what does this phrase mean?

who cares,just get up that yard!

Very uplifting thread. To Martha!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

jumpguy wrote: »

Substitute "Ireland" for "America". Enter the above list instead of the list in the last verse of the song....You'd get the most reluctant "**** yeah..." after Leinster and Michael O' Leary

Considering a large amount of the country lives within Leinster and their current Heiniken cup champs you'd probably get a decent shout, also from the Connacht and Ulster lads who hate Munster and their supporters. Micheal O'Leary would probably be followed with a quick "**** off" rather than **** yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

RMD wrote: »
    Considering a large amount of the country lives within Leinster and their current Heiniken cup champs you'd probably get a decent shout, also from the Connacht and Ulster lads who hate Munster and their supporters. Micheal O'Leary would probably be followed with a quick "**** off" rather than **** yeah.
    I'm only messing with ya. :P Leinster are great...

Not not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

funk-you wrote: »
    Here, have a new one:

http://9tutorials.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/162.jpg

OT, Ireland's a great place but just has some miserable people who don't want to find joy in anything.

-Funk

totally agree funk. started a thread on R&R yesterday complaining of west brits that complain about every little thing constantly saying things like "well it's a bit irish"
    of course it's irish, we're in ireland. if you don't like it, the fcuk off.
    the thread didn't pass the mod though. he was probably a west brit.

LEAN ORAIBH GO LÉIR!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

The reasons I love Ireland:

Breffny Morgan.
    Tayto.
    GAA.
    Barry's Tea.
    Ryan Tubridy.
    Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

don't really like the place at all.I can't wait to leave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

smurgen wrote: »
    don't really like the place at all.I can't wait to leave
    Yeah, but you're in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

wouldve preferred to be on mainland europe tbh...

we would of got invaded a few times but it wouldve worked out in the end.

big whoop!my cousin lived in ireland til the age of 23.he went travelling for 2 years straight and visited a hell of a lot of places.he's been living in oz for the past 6 years and last year he cut a trip home short because he missed oz so much.he just doesn't like the irish attitude or the country in general.he also said slovenia was the best out of the 60 countires he has lived in or visited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I love living in Ireland the atmosphere and the culture are second to none :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, but you're in Cork.

yep! tbh if i was forced to live in ireland i would prefer waterford over cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

RMD wrote: »
    Until you live in another country for at least 4-6 months+ (bare minimum) you will realize Ireland is a great country to live in and not this ****e corrupt country everyone seems to label it who have never lived elsewhere.

I have lived in a different country for 4+ months and do not feel the same as you. I used to like Ireland, but from seeing what else is out there, I increasingly find myself despising Ireland. It's still okay, but you can do so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

A land governed by greedy thieving braindead elite fcukwits and marauding Rapey Priests with poxy weather to boot.

If I seen that on a brochure I would not be saying "honey pack up the car we gotta see this place!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I love Ireland and will be very happy to live there once I’ve finished seeing the rest of the world. I’ve also lived in New Zealand, England, and Australia and have traveled to many other countries around the world but there’s no place like home.

The thing that I like the most about Ireland is the people. Nearly everyone is looking to enjoy themselves and have a laugh. Traveling I have noticed that the Irish people I meet are much more likely to be up for going and doing something then a lot of other nationalities and they where much happier to spontaneously change their plans if something more fun came along.

We complain about things but generally we get on with life and are one of the most easy going nations I have ever come across. This has both positive and negative effects as sometimes we put up with incompetence when we shouldn’t but most of the time it’s not really that bad and things work themselves out in the end. I like this attitude. It’s a lot less stressful to live with.

Our cities even Dublin are not too big so you feel like you’re really know where you live and feel like you know the people too. Unlike London or New York where even if you live there your whole life you could still get lost easily.

I love how green our country actually is. I know that sounds corny but if you have been to any countries where water is not as readily available you will know what I mean.

If I ever have children I really would prefer to bring them up in Ireland.

Ireland really has a lot going for it as a country and I think those of us lucky enough to call it home should appreciate that once in a while. Sure it is going through a rough economic patch at the moment but it will come through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Proper fcuking milk, not the UHT shiite you get everywhere else. That's why I like Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Proper fcuking milk, not the UHT shiite you get everywhere else. That's why I like Ireland.

They do sell fresh milk abroad. A bit harder to find but yeah it's there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

What a cool thread... you have the hate the place and the love the place... I'm right behind the hate the place... =)

****e Infrastructure (roads, rail, public transport, you name it)
    Too expensive (head to the North folks it's great there)
    ****e Government
    ****e Government (worth 2 mentions)
    This "it'll be grand" attitude when it f*cking won't be..
    The "Ireland is great" view when it certainly is not..
    The monumental chip on far too many people shoulders about the "horrible" Brits.

I can't say the people as I've met many good but equally as many bar... so can't paint them all with the same brush!

And before you say leave the place then, I would, but trapped in a house I can't sell in a ****hole in the south east...

Let's see how you all feel next week when the robbing c**nts in power take yet more money from you and do very little with the PS.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

I like Spartaaaa......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Noffles wrote: »
    What a cool thread... you have the hate the place and the love the place... I'm right behind the hate the place... =)

****e Infrastructure (roads, rail, public transport, you name it)
    Too expensive (head to the North folks it's great there)
    ****e Government
    ****e Government (worth 2 mentions)
    This "it'll be grand" attitude when it f*cking won't be..
    The "Ireland is great" view when it certainly is not..
    The monumental chip on far too many people shoulders about the "horrible" Brits.

I can't say the people as I've met many good but equally as many bar... so can't paint them all with the same brush!

And before you say leave the place then, I would, but trapped in a house I can't sell in a ****hole in the south east...

Let's see how you all feel next week when the robbing c**nts in power take yet more money from you and do very little with the PS.....

Im sorry but fcuk off will ya. Go be a downer elsewhere.

If you want to give out post in the other thread!

Noffles wrote: »

lol!!!!!!!!
    That's why I never got a mortgage during the "boom"
    LOL!

irlmarc wrote: »
    Im sorry but fcuk off will ya. Go be a downer elsewhere.

If you want to give out post in the other thread!

Tone down the personal stuff in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement