Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Mortgage Question

Options
  • 03-12-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a first time buyer, have applied for a mortgage and was told by the bank to work away bidding on a house that we were looking at, both of us have secure jobs, tbtg, the amount we were looking for was well within what the bank would give us. My job is about a 2 hour each way commute, however in 3 weeks time that will be cut to 1hour 20 minutes, I am going to work in a different office, Yesterday I got a call from the bank manager saying that I would have to change the location of my purchase, it must be closer to my place of work, before they will give me a mortgage, that it has been assumed by some a$$hole in head office that, after checking AA route finder, the commute is too far and that it must be an investment property that no one could possibly commute that far, therefore they will not give me the mortgage on the property I want, I already got an engineer in to look at the house on the advise of the bank manager, I am wondering if anyone else here has had this issue, and if so is there anyway around it, the reason I am reluctant to move too far from the property we chose is that I am part time farming, would appreciate any advise, thanks

sisu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Ring the branch and tell them your office is changing. Tell them you can easily move your business to AIB/BOI if they dont want the money.

Advertisement