Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Weight

Options
  • 03-12-2009 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

OK - weighed my three remaing 11 week old puppies last night, (Bully, Derrick and Penny) there mom is a German Shep and the came in at

Penny - 20lbs (9kg)
    Derrick - 24lbs (11kg)
    Bully - 30lbs (13.6kg)

so anyone any idea of the weights full grown - be interested - especially in Bully (he's the one we are keeping) the mother is 86lbs (39kg)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

What weight was the dad?

They could literally be anwhere between the 2 if they're crossbreeds. I have a GSD x spaniel and she looks like a mini GSD but stopped growing at just over spaniel size! No way of predicting the final size and weight of your babies.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

dats the million dollar question - we took the mother out of the CSPCA 5 weeks pregnant at 68lbs! they didn't let us know she was pregnant - initial thoughts where maybe the dad was a collie or spaniel - but then we saw pictures of Newfoundlands and they are so like them, in fact a lady who owns two Newfies saw us at the pet shop with a couple of them and she thought they where

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

So they'll be somewhere between the size of a dog and an elephant then! Good luck with them, they sound fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Paul,

can you post up some pictures? They sound lovely!

this is Hollie i took her to my mum's on Sunday (flew from Waterford to Manchester and back to Cork - oh what we do for dogs) she's in one with her 7 year old Westie - Jack - and she'll probably kill me for posting it - ha

• Advertisement

Oh how cute, are you looking for homes for the other two? I'm not allowed get another dog until we buy our own house :rolleyes:

we are looking for the right homes - i think i'm too fussy, knocked back a few cos i didn't have the right feel - as i say we will more than likely keep Bully - Penny might stay - but unfortunately no room for Derrick - and he's a little star - nickname Derrick the Destroyer - loves getting into mischief and also cuddles

this is oscar in his new home - he was the smallest pup of all - then the smallest of the boys an that is a "Man" in the picture not a boy, these where about two weeks ago i think

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

georgous looking pups but how are you coping with all those "little" creatures,,?? i've got one 14 week old pup and and i feel like my house is about to fall down around me:D,,shes great though:)

Oscar is so gorgeous. really fab dogs. your dead right not letting them go to just anyone, I would be the same. they deserve the best!

• Advertisement

joyce2009 wrote: »
    georgous looking pups but how are you coping with all those "little" creatures,,?? i've got one 14 week old pup and and i feel like my house is about to fall down around me:D,,shes great though:)

not sure coping is the right word :rolleyes: existing maybe :D - put it this way it's a good job i only have work and the dogs - no kids or other interests whcih need my time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Wow they're gonna be monsters!
    My older fella was 3kg at 12 weeks and now is around 12kg. 3x the weight.
    Judging by that your looking at 3 BIG dogs. Not sure how correct that estimate is little one is still growing but almost 3x weight at 12 weeks and she's just 6 months.
    Looking at those pic's have to agree daddy looks like a newfie or newfie cross.
    Gorgeous pups, best of luck!

Just looked at the pic's again, think 3x weight maybe bit of an underestimation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Paul91 wrote: »
    OK - weighed my three remaing 11 week old puppies last night, (Bully, Derrick and Penny) there mom is a German Shep and the came in at

Penny - 20lbs (9kg)
    Derrick - 24lbs (11kg)
    Bully - 30lbs (13.6kg)

so anyone any idea of the weights full grown - be interested - especially in Bully (he's the one we are keeping) the mother is 86lbs (39kg)

Judging by their weight so far the pups seem to be well on target for German Shephards, by 3 months old (12-13 weeks) males should be 31.3lbs and females 26.7lbs. If they keep on target the males should be between 67-88lbs and the females 49-70lbs, the mother might be a bit heavier than the average at the moment as she would have been fed extra to produce milk for the pups plus she would be out of condition from having the pups. Hope this helps

lrushe wrote: »
    Judging by their weight so far the pups seem to be well on target for German Shephards, by 3 months old (12-13 weeks) males should be 31.3lbs and females 26.7lbs. If they keep on target the males should be between 67-88lbs and the females 49-70lbs, the mother might be a bit heavier than the average at the moment as she would have been fed extra to produce milk for the pups plus she would be out of condition from having the pups. Hope this helps

i'll get them all weighed again on the 12 week mark at the vets (when get the full vaccinations done) watch this space

FYI You can actually see them growing day by day - ha

well here are Derrick and Penny who we will be looking for homes for through the DogActionWelfareGroup.ie

Derrick was a bit tired so needed his head held up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

there fab paul wish we had space for another dog:(

well into Vets this morning for the final vaccinations for the three we have left, also got the little boy (Bully - Oluum) we are keeping kennel coughed and micro-chipped, so the weights

Week 12

Penny - 22lbs
    Derrick - 27lbs
    Bully - 35lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

ahh they're goergous pups ,,,i'd say they wont be with you long:)

joyce2009 wrote: »
    ahh they're goergous pups ,,,i'd say they wont be with you long:)

they are actually a lot better than the photos - but i would say that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

well here are Derrick and Penny who we will be looking for homes for through the DogActionWelfareGroup.ie

Derrick was a bit tired so needed his head held up :D

I wish I could take them they look like gorgeous babies :):)
    Two growing dogs already and only a little house though :( but as previous posters said I'm sure they won't be with you for long!!

weighed in the big fella last night 42lbs (3 stone) at two days short of 15 weeks :D

Advertisement