Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Puncture Repair

• 03-12-2009 10:52am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a back wheel puncture yesterday,left the bike in work in Dublin city.I used to use the Bike tyre company but a mate was telling me a while ago they they are no longer in business,does anybody else do mobile puncture repairs in Dublin..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Fly around to megabikes, get a puncture repair plug kit with the CO2 canisters in it and fix it yerself... for 1/8th of the price that a mobile repair company will charge...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

jameshayes wrote: »
    Fly around to megabikes, get a puncture repair plug kit with the CO2 canisters in it and fix it yerself... for 1/8th of the price that a mobile repair company will charge...

I may just have to do that,I am a lazy cnut so was looking for the handy way.

I was just looking searching around and came across crowed called PADDY'S PITSTOP ,has anybody used them...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Dub13 wrote: »
    I was just looking searching around and came across crowed called PADDY'S PITSTOP ,has anybody used them...?

Yep, got new tyres fitted from Paddy awhile back - sound guy and I'd definitely recommend him but I don't think he does call outs if that's what you're looking for. You'd have to bring the bike into his shop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Maybe purchase some Ultraseal or similar? It will auto repair most small punctures so long as the rim is intact.

About €8 per bottle, 1 bottle needed per tyre and gives permanent protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Dub13 wrote: »
    I may just have to do that,I am a lazy cnut so was looking for the handy way.

Haven't used them myself but I have heard good things about them. Will be getting my next tyre from them next week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I got one of those kits myself. Has anyone got a link for some info on how to use it ?. The instructions are in German :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Haven't used them myself but I have heard good things about them. Will be getting my next tyre from them next week!
    Isn't that just around the corner from where the BikeTyre Company was located? Any relationship?

The Bike Tyre Company's website is still up: http://www.thebiketyreco.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Isn't that just around the corner from where the BikeTyre Company was located? Any relationship?

It's on the same road, not sure where BikeTyre was. I was talking to him once and he mentioned he used to work with a tyres-only guy (whereas Paddy's Pitstop does pretty much everything, not only tyres) and took over the business when the former boss man dropped out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I dropped the bike into Paddy's Pit stop today,it needed a service as well so killed 2 birds with one stone.I don't think any of those temporary solutions would have worked as it was a bottle opener that caused the puncture.

Advertisement