Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ Radio iPhone Apps

• 03-12-2009 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi all,
    Just a quick note to let you know that we have put our RTÉ Radio 1 and RTÉ 2fm iPhone apps up onto the app store this morning.

Regards

Dave

Comments

Link please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 RTÉ Pulse: Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dally

Great that you've done this, but wouldn't it be better to put all the stations in one app?

That way people might be more likely to try out other RTÉ stations that they might not have otherwise.

It would also be better for those who listen to more than one station already.

Well done though, nice to see them in the app store all the same!

Dally wrote: »
    Great that you've done this, but wouldn't it be better to put all the stations in one app?

This app is coming next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

... and why not get yourselves the Phantom app - the social radio app at the same time! Works on iPhone and iPod touch devices (OS 3.0 and above)

http://short.ie/dezj5u

(Note: the above link will open iTunes on your machine)

You can also get the Phantom app by going to the App store on your iPhone.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dally

This app is coming next year

Brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

excellent thanks!

would love to get rte player to work on the iTouch! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Don't know if you are aware, but we also have an Apple Media Devices forum for all things iPhone/iPod Touch related.

I've started a thread on this application over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Don't know if you are aware, but we also have an Apple Media Devices forum for all things iPhone/iPod Touch related.

I've started a thread on this application over there.

Sorry Tom. No problem, thanks for the tip ;)

Hi all,
    just to revive this thread with a new story
    All eleven RTÉ Radio Services in your pocket
    RTÉ Radio launches comprehensive iPhone application

On Friday 27 August, RTÉ Radio released its definitive iPhone application encompassing all eleven of its stations. In less than a week, the RTÉ Radio Pocket Player has already topped the free download charts on iTunes as Ireland’s most popular music application and holds the number two overall position in the country.

The application, a veritable one stop shop for all things RTÉ Radio, not only provides access to the 4 national services, RTÉ Radio 1, 2fm, lyric fm and Raidió Na Gaeltachta, but also the niche output of all 7 digital radio stations. Along with its audio functions the new application allows the listener greater interaction with each station by one touch access to a variety of RTÉ’s social media including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channels.

Says JP Coakley, Director of Operations, RTÉ Radio:

“We are delighted with this early vote of confidence by users in the Pocket Player. The design, function and utility of the app are an appropriate vehicle for the wonderful range and quality of content from RTÉ Radio. We are also very pleased to be able to present all 11 RTE Radio services in one application and to highlight our suite of 7 Digital radio services alongside their mainstream counterparts. The iPhone application environment remains a great place for us to imagine how radio will evolve in the future, our next challenge is to replicate this with other smart devices. We are particularly excited by what might be possible for phones with FM capability where free transmission can meet rich data via the phone network.

The RTÉ Radio Pocket Player was commissioned by RTÉ Radio’s New Media Unit and developed in house under project lead, Digital Production Coordinator, David Timpson. The application was designed by Glen Forde, RTÉ TV Graphics with software development by All in Media.

The Pocket Player now joins related Apps for the Documentary on One, RTÉ News Now and previously separate station applications for RTÉ Radio 1 and RTÉ 2fm.

Download the RTÉ Pocket Player iPhone App from:
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/rte-pocket/id387936498?mt=8

*Application images available*

Ways to Listen:
    Listeners to RTÉ Radio can now access services on FM, on LW, on digital radio and TV, live on-line and follow-up on-demand on our websites, via podcast, on various mobile applications, via satellite throughout Europe, and on SW in Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I've been impressed with the RTE apps, and kudos for embracing this so quickly and comprehensively. The Docs app is particularly impressive. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Ditto the above. The new RTE Pocket app is well done.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Kudos Dave on the heads up... the RTÉ Pocket Radio is indeed very nice... nice that it's iOS4 compatible too (and so continues playing in the background) and I presume it now supersedes the old R1 & 2FM apps (i.e.: they'll no longer be developed/updated but it will...) ?

Incidentally... for those of you blessed with an Apple mobile device... I've created this thread... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056021108

Feel free to send me other apps to feature on it :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No love for Androiders?

:(

If anyone wants to suggest Android apps, I'll happily create a sticky for them. I own an iPhone myself (as do a lot of people) so I thought the thread might be handy.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

My comment was directed more towards RTE creating iPhone apps but not Android apps :)

oscarBravo wrote: »
    My comment was directed more towards RTE creating iPhone apps but not Android apps :)

Ah, fair point... although in fairness they're far from alone there (just look at the sticky... ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

Can you get podcasts off this new app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

FredBloggs wrote: »
    Can you get podcasts off this new app?

No, it's just a gateway for all of the RTE live streams instead of needing a separate app (icon) for each station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement