Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An unusual one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Wow - that's a first for me!
    Strange how this could happen, during the day, and no-one noticed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

it is pretty strange alright. i wonder would that euro park crowd be responsible for getting new doors.

inode wrote: »
    it is pretty strange alright. i wonder would that euro park crowd be responsible for getting new doors.

Euro park claim they are not responsible for security, merely ensuring people pay for parking. The HSE claim they are not responsible for security, or any damage caused while in the car park.

I suppose the guy will have to claim off his insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

If the nurse hadn't have had a ticket/pass, they would have seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

All the more reason that Euro car parks should be told to pack up and go... its a joke, the car parks at the hospitals had already been paid for by the tax payer a long time ago, and ECP are allowed to sail in over night and start charging us for parking again:mad: ffs

• Advertisement

I think the original reason Euro Parks got in, was that a lot of people where parking at the hospital, who didn't have too. They parked there because it was free. Euro Parks provided the pay stations, and the personnel to enforce payment, which initially was a benefit to the hospital. I wonder just how much benefit it is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The unusual thing here is that the Donegal News reported something interesting.

But back to subject, it's ridiculous that a private car parking firm will not accept responsibility for this. Boot them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

not meaning to rant on about this, I just read the following interview with the CEO of Euro Car Parks where he discusses the 'parking industry' in Ireland. If you skip down to near the bottom and take a look at the second last question...
    http://www.parkingireland.ie/cullen0206.htm

the interviewer asks David Cullen (CEO of Euro Car Parks Ireland) the following question

Q: Do you still sail big boats for fun?

David Cullen: "Absolutely ! I am tactician on a new 50 footer this year which we will race abroad for the season representing Ireland. I also have my own thirty footer which I race and use as a tool to pour large amounts of money into with no return !"

Now.... does everyone agree that someone somewhere is taking a total, complete and utter hand at us here?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

smashey wrote: »
    If she hadn't have had a ticket/pass, they would have seen it.

It could have been a male nurse

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Glenman wrote: »
    It could have been a male nurse
    True.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

He is a male nurse, I know the guy involved

Advertisement