Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LF Guild

Options
  • 03-12-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi Peeps & Peepets,

Just wondering is anyone out there looking for an Enhancement Shaman & 2 Mages. Basically we been playing since day one and the same old crap that happens every time they announce another expansion has happened half the server seems to have quit.

We moved over to horde when the faction change came about and now there seems to be only 2 raiding guilds doing 25 man's left on our server. The rest are just doing 10 mans & though everyone is used to clearing these in like 2/3 hours its taking us a week with trying to show newer players each boss fight etc or having to take alts to fill tank or healing spots. The 2 raiding guilds left are only looking for enhance shaman but not mages but myself, my bf and our mate want to go somewhere together.

We have been in two 25 man active raiding guilds that have failed due to over recuiting people for hardmodes that where not geared for hard modes so they lost their hard core members to other servers so we have been forced to find new homes when they either disbanded or decided to become 10 Strict guilds.

What we can offer
    2 Really experienced raiders - Been raiding like loonatics since the game came out. Cleared AQ40 & alot of the orginal Naxx before TBC, MH & Alot of Sunwell before Lich King was released. Since lich was released we have had the great experience of farming Yogg & clearing up to Anub in TOTC 25. We have done alot of the hard modes on both 25 & 10 man and are still itching for action. Things have gone sour since we moved to the dark side as the horde activity on our server seems to be alot lower then we where advised so this is the reason why we havent done alot more. Our friend hasnt done as much in the 25 man setting as me and the bf but he is a very good player. We are very active ranging from 4-5 nights a week on from 7/8 Gt till late.

What we are looking for
    We really are just looking for a home that is stable and is not at a cracking point. Though we love hard modes we would still be very happy somewhere that is just clearing or working their way through 25 mans every week. One that is not just extending the previous raid but can clear an instance or up to the new encounter each week compently. A guild where everyone doesn't log straight off after a raid or is on only for a raid as we want to be part of a team and get to know and have a laugh with peeps. Really the main thing we want from a guild is a home where we can be part of a team that while raiding can still have some fun and is excited about the upcoming expansion and anything new the game has to offer.

If anyone knows of any guilds that are looking for members or anyone is themselves looking for new raiders please let me know before I end up spending the next few months just leveling alts :)

Dont mind tbh whether its alliance or horde either.

Thanks

If anyone needs gear info etc just let me know to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Probably would be handy to paste your armory links.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

This is my char -
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Kair%C3%B3
    The Boyfriends -
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Flashfire
    Our Mates -
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Majeeka

Sorry the only reason I didn't put this up at the start was because the last 2 guilds we have been in just took us as our dps was so high but bullsh*tted about the actually guild as they just wanted numbers. We really don't want to be just a number in a guild and are genuinely looking for a new home where we can have a laugh and get to know the guild and want to be online with people not just be online for raids then have nothing else to do.

Btw I got alot of 25 man TOC gear that I am not using atm as atm the set bonus seems to do more damage then changing to the other 2/3 pieces alone will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hey there ,

Try my guild here is the link www.azuremyst.wowstead.com tell them derv sent you.

Thanks hun will log to your server tonight and try have a chat then if all gravy will get on apps right away.

Man this could be expensive lol - I got 7 Alts lol

You only pay for an account transfer doesnt matter if you have the max alts on that account , also i will not be on tonight until later as im currently having the great pleasure of studying managerial economics :-( ...... I'm not the guild master there , I'm just a raider so i will advise a Application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Sarge wrote: »
    You only pay for an account transfer doesnt matter if you have the max alts on that account , also i will not be on tonight until later as im currently having the great pleasure of studying managerial economics :-( ...... I'm not the guild master there , I'm just a raider so i will advise a Application.

That's not true. You have to pay the fee PER CHARACTER. 7 transfers will cost you 140 euro.

Nah I meant I got 7 Alts I would plan on bringing lol :) so that would be 20 yoyos an alt plus race change if I moved em all over.

Wanted to just check out the server later when i get home tbh and see if the gm or officers know if they can or will consider joint apps as we would like to stay together.

Thanks for the reply though

Kyri wrote: »
    Nah I meant I got 7 Alts I would plan on bringing lol :) so that would be 20 yoyos an alt plus race change if I moved em all over.

Wanted to just check out the server later when i get home tbh and see if the gm or officers know if they can or will consider joint apps as we would like to stay together.

Thanks for the reply though

Well details are on that website that i gave you , You will have a chance for server firsts with us. IF THEY ACCEPT . currently we are on anub togc25 havent downed it yet :_(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kyri wrote: »
    Isnt that over €300 (€20x7 for character moves, and €25x7 for race change)? Seriously? :eek:

Yup its crazy tbh - Think Il try stick to the horde side :) but dont think I can justify moving that many chars to another server either. Would prob just move my 80s one at a time over a few weeks if things work out well somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

While i was massively impressed by your post both in this thread and the other thread (the badges + cataclysm one), as mage CL in a raiding guild id have serious questions about your gear.

From a mage point of view, at this point there really is no reason not to have full t9 on your main, badges are so easy to come across. Breaking set bonus is always a tricky question but the big one is the 4xt8 which you dont have atm. As soon as you lose 4xt8 it makes a lot more sense to go 2xt8 and 2xt9 and then as soon as you have any sort of upgrade, 4xt9 is the way to go.

Is your BF's offspec for Anub or does he have another reason for having ffb as an offspec?

Also, you say youve been farming yogg and anub but you dont have the achievements for this. The mage is missing any yogg ach and only has 10 man normal anub and the shaman seems to have yogg but again only 10 man normal for toc. Can you clear this up as i probably have misunderstood looking at the miltiple armorys :)

At the end of the day though, even though the gear level is low, its the attidude thats more important and your seems really good. Gear is easily collected (2 resets would totally overhaul both your characters) but you cant change peoples application easily.

Would you have a problem with having resto or elem as a mainspec?

Im the shammy so im completely clueless when it comes to mage specs. I know my bf is the spec he is (Flashfire btw) as he has been religiously going over the elitestjerks posts for max dps with a mage he knows on the server and its giving him the best dps atm. He is very open to suggestions though as he has just switched to that spec and is trying it out. Think he said arcane is the way to go atm or that is what he is trying.

Its giving him an output of around 6-7k dps on Ony and around 4-5k dps on toc 10 man bosses. I know there is 3 things he is after but cant remember that they they are off hand. Majeeka has little raid exp but flash has been begging him to change over the the focus on haste if im right thats the only bit of the conversations I have tuned into between them.

As for Yogg I have killed him a load of times on Kai but only on the 25 man (Secrets of Uldar 30/07/2009), the guild im in is more focused on wanting to get the keepers hard modes done in 10 man so they have extended the same raid each week or we start and clear to them again. Flash I don't think was brought to any Yogg kills as they would only take one mage for the inv pull at start & intell buff as the mages tended to be lower on dps then the warlocks & Ele's back then but that was up to the Raid Leaders preferences of course.

Majeeka as I said has less raid experience then me or flash but he is sound as a pound and once he gets a bit more gear or varity of extra gear he is trying to ver to the haste spec but all he really does atm is heroics so he wanted to wait till he can pick up some new haste gear from the new heroic before he switched over. Not trying to defend him like but just trying to fill you in on what he is thinking atm.

Me though and my spec - I have resto as my off spec atm but im always switching to it when we are short healers so im not a newb at it I'm just a bit paranoid that I wouldnt be as good at it as I am confident with Enhance. With Elemental Id love to try it though again I have been collecting bits for it I dont think i have enough of the right gear to be a great dps'er. Though with the patch coming soon that could be easily sorted i guess from Heroic badge loot. Think Its just taking me outta the comfort zone u know. I do love my warlock though and even though she is geared crap am easily able to pull 3-4k outta her lowbie ass on single target fights :)

My gear on Kai atm the 4 set bonus is a 20% increase on the frequency of my Maelstrom which is pretty imba as it procs all the time which is basically an extra 7-9k if i crit free move. I have the 25 Man Ony Helm and the 25 Man Beasts chest which Im trying to switcharo between but it still seems that the proc bonus atm is slightly higher dps. Once I get the other bits from the Trall set I think it will be worth switching though. Havent bought any of the non triumph set though as I am trying to get the token to buy the higher ranked one.

Advertisement