Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swift post?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Is swift post in Ireland guaranteed next day delivery? If so could I make a claim if item took two or more days to deliver?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

From anpost.ie:

Service Guarantee
    1. Express Post : An Post will deliver Express Post items by close of business the next working day nationwide. Express Post with Signature & Insurance is only available in the Republic of Ireland.
    2. What is meant by 'next working day'?
      Working days are Monday to Friday and exclude Saturdays, Sundays, Good Friday and Bank or Public Holidays. Express Post items posted on Friday before the latest time of posting are guaranteed for delivery nationwide on Monday.
    3. A P.O. Box is an insufficient address for any signature service.
    Compensation
    1. Compensation for loss, damage or delay: no compensation for loss, damage or delay is paid on Express Post items.
    2. Consequential loss: no compensation is paid, however it arises.
    3. Contents: money, jewellery or valuables should not be sent using the Express Post or the Express Post with Signature & Insurance service. Customers wishing to post such items should use Registered Post. The Express Post and the Express Post with Signature & Insurance service is provided under the Inland Post Warrant, 1939 (as amended).
    4. On Express Post with Signature & Insurance, compensation is payable up to a maximum of €350, based on the declared value of the item at the time of posting.
    Standard terms and conditions apply

It would seem that the guarantee is a worthless promise that has no comeback if they fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Like Ryanair I am shure An Post could pass the book and put delays down to bad weather, traffic hold ups, third party strikes etc and get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Like Ryanair I am shure An Post could pass the book and put delays down to bad weather, traffic hold ups, third party strikes etc and get away with it.

No they are just smart enough to cover themselves in their own Terms and Conditions. Last time I used the service the girl in the Post office said there was no Guarantee it would get there on time. She showed me the T&C. Having worked in Logistics for many years I know the problems that do hold up goods delivery so it didn't bother me especially this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Oryx wrote: »
    From anpost.ie:

It would seem that the guarantee is a worthless promise that has no comeback if they fail.

But you can claim a refund for the actual postage charge.

Advertisement