Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Tabloids - As sensitive as a wedgie at your mother's funeral

Options
  • 03-12-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

I was reading the sun newspaper earlier (in case I happen to bump into a some sort of manual worker and run out of conversation ;)) Anyway, seen a link to story from a young girl who was set alight by her boyfriend and killed.

Now have a look at the links to the side of the story, I have taken the liberty of highlighting the links in question.

I don't think I'm able to put a picture on the post so you will have to click the link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That's unfortunate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

cloneslad wrote: »
    I was reading the sun newspaper earlier (in case I happen to bump into a some sort of manual worker and run out of conversation ;))
    Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

smk89 wrote: »
    Love it

Don't be hoodwinked by that feeble excuse. He knows well that there are no manual workers left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Very unfortunate - reminds me of the time I went to do a search here while not logged in and the captcha words were ..

Submerged Norman

granted I don't know anyone called Norman who drowned but it could have been a nasty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Don't be hoodwinked by that feeble excuse. He knows well that there are no manual workers left.

If their hands don't look manicured then I'm out of there. Recession or no rescession, there's no need for long finger nails :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

so nobody should ever be able to use words equating to non-cold temperatures around these people then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

genericguy wrote: »
    so nobody should ever be able to use words equating to non-cold temperatures around these people then?

Stop flaming!

Depends on the context of the conversation. It would be okay to say something was hot, or even someone was hot.

I don't think it would be okay to have a conversation like this:

"It was awful sad to hear of your daughters death, I'm deeply sorry"

"oh, Why thanks for your concern"

"No, problem, anyway fancy popping round to ours for a bbq this saturday, our john is a great man with a drum of petrol, some firelighters, a steak and a set of tongs"

May the lord god, mr superman have mercy on your soul

• Advertisement

Depends on the context of the conversation. It would be okay to say something was hot, or even someone was hot.

I don't think it would be okay to have a conversation like this:

"It was awful sad to hear of your daughters death, I'm deeply sorry"

"oh, Why thanks for your concern"

"No, problem, anyway fancy popping round to ours for a bbq this saturday, our john is a great man with a drum of petrol, some firelighters, a steak and a set of tongs"

niiiice!

"sorry to hear about your daughter's death"
    "thanks"
    "jesus your other daughter's hot isn't she?"

May the lord god, mr superman have mercy on your soul

the man in that video is god.

the man in that video is god.

I won't have you blaspheming superman.......not sure is blaspheming is a verb but I'm rolling with it

Advertisement