Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE ON LIFE INSURANCE

Options
  • 03-12-2009 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hello, My wife wants to change our life insurance from one Company to another, to save on premiums.

The thing is, I haven't really heard of the company that she wants us to go with, ACORN LIFE.

I'm in an uncomfortable situation in that their company rep. is a close neighbour of ours.

Personally I try not to mix friends and family with business because of the repercussions should things go wrong.

Has anyone here heard of this company and what kind of reputation do they have?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

suey71 wrote: »
    to save on premiums.

Have you compared the plan you have to their plan?

(Are you sure you are getting the same for less?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

To be honest amdublin, I just found out late last night and she was in work today.
    This guy did a number on her, I hate the way they pressure you into meeting with them.
    I didn't get a chance to read their information pack yet, but as I've never heard of this company before I'd rather stick with what I've got.

But I believe its not what in the brochure that matters its whats left out of it.

I just want to know if anyone has heard of this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

They have been around for over 10 years and were previously called NZI. If oyu are embarassed, take out a small protection policy for 10euro per mont h and cancel after a month or two saying you no longer need it.

Post the details of the existing policy and what you want going forward and I'll give you an indication of price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH another Broker:eek::eek::eek:.;).

Advertisement